|Sent on:||Monday, March 19, 2012 10:56 AM|
MICROSOFT KINECT ACCELERATOR
Overall, as an onsite Kinect Accelerator hackstar, you will help build the next amazing crop of technology startups, as they grow & progress from early-stage to venture-backed stars. Coding alongside entrepreneurs, investors & mentors, your network will explode in unimaginable directions. You will enjoy opportunities to sit in on mentor meetings, get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the Northwest – and roll up your sleeves and contribute to their growth. You will also have access to Kinect Accelerator social events with the founders and local community. The program hosts 10 early-stage teams chosen for a unique three-month incubation program running from April 2 - June 28, 2012 in South Lake Union, Seattle, WA. See www.kinectaccelerator.com for more information.
FOR THIS POSITION:
If you are a software developer – ideally with technical/coding experience taking advantage of Microsoft’s Kinect and Natural User Interface technologies – the Kinect Accelerator program is inviting applications for positions as support coders for the resident teams. This program, sponsored by Microsoft and powered by Techstars, is devoted to entrepreneurs, engineers and innovators building upon a wide range of business ideas leveraging Microsoft’s Kinect.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your primary focus will center on supporting any entrepreneurial team needing auxiliary development/coding. Examples of functional areas you may become involved with include: Kinect-enabled application programming on Windows or Xbox SDK; cloud interface, potentially via web and/or mobile UI; and, gaming and/or commercial adaptations of Kinect-controlled functionality.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Demonstrated software development experience and proficiency required.
• Education in fields such as design, engineering, business, and computer science preferred.
• Prefer demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, and related topics.
• You should be willing to commit to the equivalent of a full-time position onsite in South Lake Union for a three-month period; and, available days, and some evenings as necessary. Schedule may be flexible – but a strong commitment is expected. A small stipend is included.
• Applicants should be able to jump in and complete any appropriate task quickly and effectively.
Great attitudes, tons of energy and brimming enthusiasm are expected –along with an insatiable appetite for learning and meeting new people. If this sounds like you, APPLY HERE.
Microsoft Kinect Accelerator
Overall, as an onsite Kinect Accelerator Associate, you will be given a special opportunity for hands-on involvement in Seattle’s startup entrepreneur community. You will gain unprecedented experience and training with the lifecycle of building a cutting-edge technology business, and watch the evolution of the next amazing crop of technology startups, as they grow & progress from early-stage to venture-backed stars. Learning alongside entrepreneurs, investors & mentors, your professional network will explode in unimaginable directions. You will enjoy opportunities to sit in on mentor meetings, get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the Northwest – and roll up your sleeves with direct involvement in a high-energy technology incubator environment. You will also have access to all Kinect Accelerator social events involving the company founders and local community. The program hosts 10 early-stage teams chosen for a unique three-month incubation program running from April 2 - June 28, 2012 in South Lake Union, Seattle, WA. See www.kinectaccelerator.com for more information.
Role and Responsibilities
Tasks and responsibilities will evolve dynamically around the teams. Examples may include assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Kinect Accelerator program, engaging with and assisting the companies in each area of planning and logistical needs, helping the teams in identifying needs and preparing for upcoming events, organizing meetings and running logistics for special guest mentor visits, taking meeting notes, setting up office space for events, and jumping in to assist the teams wherever necessary. Your involvement may relate to topical areas such as marketing, business development, research, and developing and managing social media content. Associates will be directed by the Accelerator’s Program Manager and Managing Director. This opportunity, only available to a few qualified candidates, will expose you to numerous introductions and experiences among working founders and professionals immersed in technology, software development, entrepreneurial ventures.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Current / recent undergraduate student in design, engineering, business, or relevant field or current / recent graduate student in relevant field (MBA/JD/CS) preferred
• Ability to be highly organized and detail-oriented in a fast-paced, dynamic environment essential..
• Demonstrated interest in software, technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, and related topics preferred.
• Ability to work onsite in Microsoft’s South Lake Union offices. You should be willing to commit to the equivalent of a full time position for a three month time period and available days, evenings, or basically whenever needed. Schedule is flexible but a strong commitment is expected.
• Readiness to jump in and become involved with team tasks quickly and effectively necessary.
• Great attitude, tons of energy and brimming enthusiasm–along with an insatiable appetite for learning and meeting new people–absolutely essential.
If this sounds like you, APPLY HERE. We look forward to welcoming you as our newest team member!