addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Web Folk of South London Message Board › SXSW London tonight

SXSW London tonight

Biggs
Biggsen
London, GB
Hi all,

Looks like it's going to be the largest gathering of SXSWers tonight! 13 people, including me. We'll have a jolly time indeed, no doubt.

As it's not possible to book tables outside, I was planning on being there around 17:30 to secure a table or two. I won't be able to do this because today is my first day as a freelance at this company in Highbury. I don't think it's a good start on your first day to go "Yes, oh by the way, can I leave earlier today?". I'm not even sure if I'll make it on time for 18:30, though that should be fine.

My question is then, is there anyone who could get there earlier and grab a table or two in the name of SXSW? If not, it should be fine. We may just end up being a bit spread out. But if there is an early bird amongst you, holler. I would be most grateful. Might even let you wear my SXSW uniform for the night ;)

Then tableless CSS is fantastic, so a tableless SXSW should be just fine. With a hawkeye, strategically distributed team and a well honed debugging stance, we'll be fine.

See you all tonight, south people.
Biggs
David L.
user 9840396
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi,

I can probably get there by 6 -- hopefully I'll be able to grab one table, although it might be better if a couple of others can get there around the same time to avoid those awkward, "yes, this entire table is taken, but no, I don't know when the others are turning up" moments.

See you later,
David
Biggs
Biggsen
London, GB
Post #: 4
Thanks for that David. I'll be there very close to 18:30.

See you then,
Biggs
John E.
user 8617730
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi,

Were any of you guys there yesterday, I hanged around until 7pm but was unable to see anyone.

John
David L.
user 9840396
London, GB
Post #: 3
Oh no -- sorry about that. There were about five of us. We were sitting outside and had a sheet of A4 paper with SXSW London on it on the table (and which Biggs waved around every so often). Not very easy to spot I grant you. Sorry you couldn't find us. Maybe next time we should give out mobile numbers?