The Houston Web Design and Usability Meetup Message Board › UX/UI Designer to join a well funded start up (backed by Surge and many top
Campbell River, BC
• Work at a funded start up backed by some of the top US investors and Surge Accelerator
• SEE Forge was placed 2nd in the oZAPP Awards 2013 for best mobile application
• World-class team and successful entrepreneurs
• Help build an exciting new web and mobile platform that will have millions of users
So what do we do?
SEE Forge is a cloud platform to eliminate paperwork & spreadsheets that manage all the processes that don’t fit traditional ERPs (safety, audits, meetings, inspections, time sheets etc.).
We make it remarkably easy to collect and manage data and gain insights into internal operations.
We are solving really hard problems at massive scale used by millions of people around the world.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a full time UX/UI Designer based in our Midtown Houston office to spearhead our UX/UI design efforts. We want SEE Forge to be remarkably easy to use, simple, elegant and inspiring. We’re building a new a way for people to communicate that requires a fresh perspective and new ideas.
We are dedicated and solely focused on building the next generation of enterprise mobility. The problems we're facing are at a scale only seen at companies like Twitter and Facebook and we're looking for exceptional people who can help us tackle them.
You’ll be working very closely with the CPO, CTO and with the extended team to create the best user experience possible for our customers.
• A designer who is strong in all the skills needed to see a project through from concept to implementation. You will work through:
o understanding our users and everything they love and hate about managing work
o interaction design for a complex product (mobile and web)
o visual design that will make users smile and keep coming back
o implementation details so that nothing gets left out
• Deep intuition for usability, but a willingness to let go of your instincts when proven incorrect
• Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly, and testing hypotheses
• A strong portfolio including nuanced workflows and beautiful visual design applied to web-based or mobile apps
• The ability to hand-code HTML/CSS with ease
• Experience conducting usability studies
• Software engineering experience: commit design-related fixes directly into the code base!
• Interest in tangential fields: typography, fine arts, ethnography, and psychology.
• Hacker mentality - you're scrappy and want to get things done
• HTML, PHP (WordPress) and other cool web ninja skills preferred
• Fast learner. Ability to pick things up quickly.
If you love working on these kinds of problems and would like to be part of a fast growing start-up please get in touch and maybe we can figure them out together.
In case you wonder… we offer all of the advantages and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, holiday and stock option plan, and much more.
Oh… we also have unlimited vacation and sick days.
Before you apply visit our website www.seeforge.com to get familiarised with us.
We look forward hearing from you!
Send your resume to: inspire [at] seeforge.com