- Welcome to 2019 - January Golf Warehouse
Welcome to 2019! We'll be trying something a bit more regular - the fourth Sunday of every month. This isn't set in stone - if enough people aren't able to make it, we'll still re-schedule. A bit of drizzle isn't enough to stop play, but if it gets bad, we'll head to Kaiwharawhara's Indoor Grand Prix course. Without further ado, the first event will be at Golf Warehouse, tee-off will be at 10am. Head there early for practice, play one game or stay for a second round.
- November Pirate's Cove
Pop in early for some practice 10:30am tee-off Stick around for a second round if you like. A little bit of rain doesn't bother us but in case of heavier precipitation or tougher conditions, wet weather plans are Kaiwharawhara (will advise here/Facebook if this is the case)
- Feilding and Palmy's Putt Hut
It's the one you've been waiting for - the double whammy of The Putt Hut in Palmerston North and Feilding's epitomic Lions Mini Golf. So here's the plan: Tee-off at Putt Hut at 10:30am, have a round or two, head for lunch and then down the road to play at the Lion's Minigolf Feilding. It's reasonable travel to the Manawatu, so be sure to check in for transport if you want to share a ride. The Putt Hut is indoors so in the case of wet weather, we'll be fine - as for Fielding, we will make a decision on the day whether we play another round there, or even try Lazertag Minigolf (9 holes black light indoors)
- Golf Warehouse in September
Golf Warehouse is a staple of the Wellington Minigolf Club circuit and boasts some of the trickier holes we've encountered. Will you be one of the special few that get Hole 10 "Riviera" on a few putts? Or will you strike out for maximum strokes? We've arranged two rounds for the price of one - otherwise same story as usual - tee-off is 10:30am, with practice being any time leading up to that. Play for a single round or stay for a second. We don't suffer no light rain, but if it gets a bit rough, our standard wet-weather alternative will be to head to the Indoor Grad Prix course in Kaiwharawhara. Keep an eye out here for updates.
- August at Carlucci Land
Carlucci Land. The great equaliser - a course one part skill, nine parts luck. This hidden gem is located in Happy Valley and a labour of love built out of recycled materials and guarantees some fun play. Tee-off is 10am - feel free to pop in early for some practice. Come for one round, stay for another if you like. Remember that everyone's welcome, all skills and ages and this is a great course to cut your minigolf teeth on. We still play in light rain, but if the day turns rough, we'll head to Kaiwharawhara Indoor Grand Prix instead (announced around 8:30am)
- Masterton Mini-Golf
Hi crew. Due to a scheduling issue, we've failed to organise a June game and instead, the 1st of July. I'll put some measures in place to avoid this in future! Anyway, come along to Masterton Mini-Golf, we'll officially tee-off at 10:30, but feel free to come along a bit earlier for practice. You're also welcome to stay for a second round (hey, you've already made the trip, right?) If anyone would like some transport, get in touch. We've played this course rain or shine, but if it's particularly rough, we'll cancel and let you know around 8am on the Saturday (or earlier).
- May Means More Avalon Minigolf
• What we'll do Minigolf at one of our classic Wellington courses - $3 per round. Feel free to meet earlier for some practice or just meet us before tee-off. You can stay for a game or duke it out in a second round. • Important to know We'll play in most weather apart from heavy rain or strong winds - we'll let you know on the day whether we'll reschedule or relocate.
- April - Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf
• What we'll do A few rounds on one of Wellington's finest minigolf courses for us land lubbers. All welcome. • Important to know Mild drizzle won't keep us from sailing the eighteen greens, but come stormier weather we'll see port at the Indoor Grand Pix.
- Let's Play Avalon: Relocated to Kaiwharawhara Indoor Grand Prix
• What we'll do February's meet-up is a classic putt around Avalon. This is $3-$4 per round. We'll tee-off around the course's opening time. It's also about the time to consider the 2018 New Zealand Minigolf Open (https://nzminigolf.com/open) taking place on the 10th March this year once again at Lilliputt in Auckland. See you there. • What to bring • Important to know