addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › The best electric stockpot/slow cooker?

The best electric stockpot/slow cooker?

Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,746
OK, so I now have the definitive answer. Love the cast iron one I shared earlier, but we have chosen a programmable Crock Pot. You can define how long it cooks for and then it automatically switches to keep warm mode. Perfect for cooking over the day if you are out longer than the required cooking time, and it seems very good at cooking.

We chose the sauté one. The whole cooking pan and lid can go in the oven and on the stove to brown off. Fantastic!

They mention non-stick, but I contacted them, and it is solely ceramic.

http://www.crockpot.c...­
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,747
OK, so I now have the definitive answer. Love the cast iron one I shared earlier, but we have chosen a programmable Crock Pot. You can define how long it cooks for and then it automatically switches to keep warm mode. Perfect for cooking over the day if you are out longer than the required cooking time, and it seems very good at cooking.

We chose the sauté one. The whole cooking pan and lid can go in the oven and on the stove to brown off. Fantastic!

They mention non-stick, but I contacted them, and it is solely ceramic.

http://www.crockpot.c...­
James L.
user 21913931
London, GB
Post #: 28
Hi Phil

Why did you choose the 'saute' one over the 'New generation slow cooker'?

Thanks and regards

James