addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Wet Dog Adventures Message Board › Opinions?

Opinions?

A former member
Post #: 5
I have a chance to pick up a 14-foot Hurricane sit-on-top at a god price. Does anyone who owns a sit-on-top regret not getting a sit-inside?

Thanks.
Carolina M.
user 3883127
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 71
Hey Tony if would depend on what you are looking to do with it. The Hurricane is a recreational kayak from my experience, meaning it's used for shorter type trips. If you desire doing some touring, ie 5 or more miles then a sit in kayak with 14 ft or longer is the way to go. Hope this helps. - Carolina Mike
A former member
Post #: 1
I own a 14' sit in and I love it! It's great for rivers with lots of curves & super-speedy on the straight away. If you're looking for a traveling kayak, a sit-in is definitely the way to go. In my experience sit-on-top kayaks move like barges - they're good for fishing, but that's about it.