218 Washington Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN
You are invited to our Great Wines By Region Tasting at North Loop Wines, November 12th 7 PM downtown Minneapolis at 218 N Washington Ave
We will be featuring 8 wines each paired with food presented by Darrin Minehan a thirty year veteran wine presenter. This will be a sit down tasting with catered food and a 90 minute professional presentation. The cost is $30 each or $20 for Members of Friends & Wines.
We are working on the list of wines the food they are paired with and information about the wine and winery, we'll put it on our website when it's ready.
To sign-up for this event go to www.FriendsAndWines.com
This event is prepaid with no refunds and limited 30 people.
A typical tasting
We provide best wine pairing value in the Twin Cities.
First of all, unlike 90% of wine tasting our tastings are sit down tastings.
Second we do not have paper plates, paper napkins or plastic silver wear. We have spent a good amount of money to provide a top of the line quality tasting place settings.
Unlike any other local tasting we publish a head of time a twelve-page program of the wines we will be presenting. We have a page dedicated to each wine we are tasting. You can download the program from our website. Each person at the event will get a copy of the program. The program will have tasting notes about the wine and info about the winery.
Our tastings are PAIRINGS. Which means we have paired the wines with the food they are to be eaten with. Typical other local pairing events are over $75 per person events.
In addition to the pairing food we have appetizers of: meat, bread, cheese and fruit to eat.
We have a wine professional presenting the wine. Darrin is the wine buyer at North Loop Wine and has been in the industry for 30 years. Darrin has a vast amount of knowledge you won’t get at a normal tasting.
North Loop Wine our venue is offering 20% off all the wines we are tasting. If you simply but one bottle of each of the wines we are tasting, you will save more than your cost of the tasting.
We are tasting quality wines. Darrin personally picked the best wines based on the theme.
In keeping with our name Friends And Wines, our events help meet new friends also interested in wine.
The following will be the general flow of the evening.
1. Dennis and Ellen will meet you at the door with your preprinted name tags with your name and occupation to help you meet others. We will hand you a glass of the greeting wine and the first wine of the night. We will also hand you envelopes with tags to exchange with new people you meet. The person with the most tags may wine a bottle of their choice of the wines we are tasting that night.
2. We will show you the seating area and the appetisers.
3. At about 7:15 Darrin will be introduced and will talk about the greeting wine and the presentation for the night.
4. About every ten minutes you will get a new wine with a presentation about each wine.
5. At about 8:15 we will take a ten minute break to meet others at the event and have a restroom break.
6. Just after nine we will finish the tasting and determine who has met the most people, we’ll use trivia to pick a wine of choice winner if needed.
7. Those that desire can buy the wines tasted at a 20% discount.
8. Those that desire will walk two blocks to Bev’s Wine bar for a post event get together.
If you haven’t made an event in the last six months, here’s your last chance!
Hope you can make it!
Dennis & Ellen
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.