Location visible to members
Dear Starters and Shakers,
Don't miss the first Co-working and Thriving day of 2013!
A place to change your environment and routine, shift your thinking and put yourself in a place that let you stay focus, keeping you in the right path to success....by being around amazing women entrepreneurs.
- 9:00 - 10:00 Office Space Open / Working Time + Breakfast
- 10.00 - 11.00 Morning Kick-Off Session
You don’t want to miss this! Leave yesterday’s energy behind and start a fresh new day, with us! Share your issues and challenges and open discussion about a common challenge found among other founders.
- 11.00 - 11.30 Brainstorming Session
3 members will have the chance to open up a question about their project/idea and get open feedback from everyone in the room.
- 11.30 - 12.30 Co-Working Time
Time to make some progress on your own projects
- 12:30 - 2.00 Lunch + Speaker Session + pitches (Light lunch will be provided)
Intimate setting of members only session, with keynote speakers:
Alejandro Rivas Micoud: "Mistakes: Why we should not avoid them" Heidi Mayon: "Top five reasons startups fail"
- 2.00 - 4.00 Co-Working Time...Keep going!!!!
- 4:00 Closing
You made it! now practically you don’t want to leave your teammate. But, sorry, this is the time to thank Pillsbury and say “see you soon” to your new friends.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
- Alejandro Rivas-Micoud is an international entrepreneur with domain expertise in the telecommunications, Software as a Service, and User Experience Testing fields. Previous companies he founded include Banda Ancha SA, a European mobile carrier sold to Clearwire Communications in 2006, Alo Comunicaciones SA, a fixed line carrier sold to Euphony Plc in 2006, Mediafon SA, an automated call centre and Userlytics Corporation, a remote usability testing platform.
Alejandro is currently managing Scaling Overseas Corp, a private equity firm helping successful US startups set up international affiliates by providing capital and sourcing local management teams.
Alejandro is a Nuclear Engineer with an MBA from INSEAD and a mentor at the Founders Institute. He is an amateur novelist, screenplay writer and movie director.
- Heidi Mayon focuses on the representation of emerging growth and well established corporate clients. Her emerging company practice focuses on start-up formation, angel and venture capital financings and general corporate representation as well as liquidity events including initial public offerings and M&A transactions. Mrs. Mayon’s start-up practice focuses on companies in the enterprise technology, social media, gaming and software space, as well as consumer products.
SPONSOR: Pillsbury law Pillsbury is a full service law firm with a strong focus on startup companies. We represent companies throughout their lifecycle from formation to exit. It has in excess of 800 attorneys operating from 15 offices across the U.S, London (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London), Asia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia), and the Middle East (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East).
Why Co-Working-Thriving Day?
- A whole day program facilitated to maximize the time you progress on your project/idea, knowledge share, mingle and networking with other female entrepreneurs
-Get close to Startup guest speakers with our intimate small group lunch session. We will discuss the most hot topics in female entrepreneurship, leadership, startup know-how, technology, law, among others.
- Build your support system and community for you to succeed
- Get “master minds” to bounce off ideas
- Solve problems together with people who has similar challenges and experiences
- Be part of a community, to keep you on track during difficult times.
Thanks to our sponsor Pillsbury this event will be reduced in price.
A $10 fee will be required to secure your space.