addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta WordPress Users Group Message Board Atlanta Web Design with WordPress Users Group Discussion Forum › Newbie WordPress books: Got recommendations?

Newbie WordPress books: Got recommendations?

A former member
Post #: 4
I have 2 small sites I want to do the redesign for in WordPress. Basically just want to use it as a CMS since there will be multiple content contributors. Static info + dynamic hero spaces + events calendar + blog functionality. I'm familiar with CSS and HTML but am starting from scratch when it comes to WordPress. Got any recommendations on books? I was thinking of WordPress for Dummies...so if that's a good choice (or is not), please let me know!

Someone has recommended some Web sites (wpbeginner.com for help and elegantthemes.com & woothemes.com for themes). But it's always easier for me to learn how to do something when I can have a printed reference in front of me! (Don't have dual monitors @ home and hate flipping back and forth through screens.)

Thanks!
Frank N.
Frank_Niemeir
Woodstock, GA
Post #: 3
Astrid, as a newbie myself I like the Dummies book and her style of writing. With WordPress 3.0 out you may want to wait until the new versions are out. I don't think anyone replied to you earlier as you can't reply to a post unless you are signed in, as no reply buttons appear until then. It's a mystery to me ....
Judi K.
judiknight
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 4
Lisa Sabin Wilson is going to be at WordCamp Savannah. She is a great writer and I'll bet a good speaker too.