WE OPENED UP TEN MORE SPOTS. RSVP BY NOON ON MARCH 24TH IF YOU ARE INTERESTED :)
This Thursday we are hosting our first FREE WordPress training workshop.
The purpose of the night is two fold:
• Train some enthusiastic new learners how to use WordPress, starting from the very beginning
• Use the official WordPress Training Community (https://make.wordpress.org/training/)lesson plans, and provide helpful feedback as part of the Global Contributor Weekend (https://make.wordpress.org/training/wordpress-workshops/)
If you’re planning on learning, just bring yourself and a laptop! You don’t need a WordPress website or laptop, but it will help if you have both! This is a hands-on workshop event.
We are hoping for up to 30 learners in 3 conference rooms. If you know anyone looking to learn send them here!
TO RSVP CONTACT CASEY DIRECTLY AT EMAIL ([masked]) LISTED BELOW. SEATING IS LIMITED TO FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. THERE IS NO RSVP THROUGH MEET UP FOR THIS EVENT.
CURRENTLY 19 OF 30 SPOTS ARE FILLED.
Thank you to Alexis, Shelley, Arthur, Solomon and Kat for volunteering to help TEACH!
We are hoping to ultimately make this a monthly training event; so thank you for your participation in our inaugural workshop! The event should be very straight forward but there may be some tweaks to the formula as it improves.
Please feel free to ask any questions, offer insight or provide any feedback at:
• Work email [masked]
• My phone[masked]
• Or Tweet @caseydriscoll
Here are the topics for the evening:
• https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/user-lessons/overview-of-the-dashboard (https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/user-lessons/overview-of-the-dashboard)
• Settings: Title, Tagline, Membership, hide from search, etc
• https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/user-lessons/settings (https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/user-lessons/settings)
• Pages vs Posts
• Setting static page to homepage
• Categories vs Tags
• Password Recovery
• User Management