addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Yalla Arabi: San Francisco/East Bay Arabic Language Learning Message Board › My Film "Samira" is Live on Kickstarter

My Film "Samira" is Live on Kickstarter

Chris T.
user 11779682
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
To all Araboos,

I labored intensively at the screenplay for a feature film, "Samira" which is a story of forbidden love between a Jordanian/Palestinian woman, who is a Muslim, and a non-Muslim American man. It is now live on Kickstarter and will be for a month. Kickstarter is a crowd-funding site and I've asked for $35,000.00. Either I will get the full amount, or more, or I'll get nothing. It has a long way to go so please consider making a contribution, however small. I've asked Kickstarter how to add rewards because right now it's not letting me. I want to add a DVD of the completed film as a reward for 25.00 and up. It breaks most of the ridiculous and hurtfull Hollywood stereotypes about Arabs and about Muslims. So any wealthy Arab oil sheikhs you happen to know, tell them not to hesitate! It is pre and post-9/11. Just do a search for Kickstarter, do a search for "Samira" under Film and Video and you'll see where to view my introductory video and a couple of scenes. I lost my lead actress and I lost her replacement who thought I was going to do it last summer. If you know an actress 18-22 or so who might be interested, please have her contact me through this site. Thanks!
Faiza
faizaphoto
Group Organizer
Oakland, CA
Post #: 11
Good luck Chris!!
Farah Jahan Siddiq...
FafaB
Union City, CA
Post #: 72
Wow, this is so cool Chris! Good luck with your film! We should have a Yalla Arabi screening of it when you are finished with it! Is it in Arabic?