addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver "Yappy Hour" for a Cause Message Board › Furry Scurry

Furry Scurry

A former member
Post #: 4
I was just wondering who will be doing the Furry Scurry this year?
A former member
Post #: 189
I was planning on it. Perhaps I should make the Furry Scurry an event for this group? Do they allow booze? 'Cause we need booze...

~ Amit
A former member
Post #: 5
It didn't stop a lot of people from bringing it last year. If you do make this an event for the group, I'd be more than happy help organize it if you need help that is. :)
A former member
Post #: 192
All,

Relly & I are currently discussing having a group event at the Denver Dumb Friends League Furry Scurry 2007, a 2-mile walk/run @ Washington Park on May 5. This event helps the Dumb Friends League to care for as many as 25,000 homeless animals every year. Enjoy refreshments, activities and shop for pet-friendly merchandise. You can learn more about it at:

http://furryscurry200...­

So far, the plan is to meet @ 8:30-ish (the event starts @ 9 am) and do the Furry Scurry. Afterwards, we'd have a BBQ/picnic @ Washington Park! We just need a couple of grills, some coolers, booze, and standard BYOB stuff, which this group has proven it can do well ('cause all our BYOBs rock!)

This alone would be a tremendously fun event, but if you have any ideas to make it better, please lay 'em down here on this message board. I hope to develop some discussion to make this event a truly awesome one.

Not to mention that, as a bonus, we'd be raising money for homeless dogs in need. And any suggestions on collecting donations from the group in an orderly fashion are also welcome, as I'm not skilled at fund raising.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you offer!

~ Amit