Below you will see that we have a very special teacher coming up from Washington DC. Offering his 2.5 hour workshop for only $25, this is a really great deal. Arm Balances and Inversions are the most challenging asanas for many people but Hawah teaches how to do them safely for both beginner and advanced students, and how to have fun while learning them! Check out his workshop below!! Even better, he will offer his Inversion and Arm Balance workshop for only $15 for those who attend the later event at 7 pm. This is pretty unheard of for an out-of-town teacher paying for travel, etc.
Light and Flight: Invert Your Life!
12:30 - 3 pm: Strap on your flight gear and enter balancing school with HawaH. In this workshop you will explore a wide array of arm balances and inversions from the ground up. Modifications will be given to all, so that you'll have a chance to refine your basics and play with your edge through long holds and deep breath. Spend this afternoon with HawaH to float, fly and soar!
Then at 7 pm, Hawah (creator of Everlutionary) will be joining us to deliver a powerful story-telling, poetic performance and engage us in a discussion about art, evolution, patriotism, oppression, and personal transforma...tion. Come ready to talk about who you regard as a visionary and why and what your definition of visionary culture is. This night promises lots of discussion, interaction, and art making.
Make a day of it!!! A few blocks away, Hampden neighborhood has wonderful boutiques, including Breathe Books - the #1 New Age Bookstore in the U.S.A., an organic hair salon called "sprout", Renew Organic Day Spa, Cafe Hon, Soups On, Common Ground, and so many other great places to visit in between the workshop and performance.
Baltimore Yoga Village
In the Mill Center of Hampden
1. Take I-83 to 28th Street exit.
2. Turn left at the first light onto Sisson Street.
3. Follow Sisson as it curves to the right and becomes Keswick Road.
4. Turn left on 33rd Street.Take first left onto Chestnut Avenue.
Note: This is a skinny little two way street...it is traditional to pull off to the side if a car driving in the opposite direction can't get by.
5. Turn right onto Mill Road and follow the road as it curves to the left.
6. The Mill Center free parking lot will be on your right.
7. Park your car in the lot, then walk across Mill Road, thru the black iron gates, and down the hill.
8. There will be a building on your left with a light blue metal railing. That is not the right place.
9. Walk further down the hill to the building on your RIGHT. Baltimore Yoga Village is the first door on the right.
Please note: The mailing address is Chestnut Ave, but the parking and the entrance are off of Mill Road. This can be confusing, but follow the directions above and you will find us!