67 Bronte Road, Unit 2, Oakville, Ontario L6L 3B7, ON
• All levels and abilities welcome
This yoga class is for people who are looking for a space where they feel allowed to just be themselves and to explore yoga and what that means - within their own personal context and experience. It really is a joyful exploration of the body and self-awareness, as well as a wonderful practice of toning, strengthening and relaxation.
All levels and abilities can enjoy the many benefits of this gentle, classical yoga. Much attention will be given to the strength and fluidity of the spine, as well as using breathing to release tension from the body from the inside out. Classes are a relaxed 90-minutes in length. I do ask that any specific health concerns be mentioned to me beforehand. Everyone has their own special history and wherever I can often accommodate for injuries or health issues, I will do so.
Jennie Akse-Kelly, has been practicing yoga since 1989 and began training to teach in 2001. She lived for a year in India (2003/4) to immerse herself in the study of classical (Patanjali and Hatha) yoga, including 300 hrs teacher training and a 6-month residential yoga therapy training (about 800 hours). She has also studied yoga and meditation with A.G. Mohan, Ester Myer’s Studio, Kripalu Yoga Centre, Sivananda Yoga and others, in Canada, USA, India, Thailand and Sri Lanka. Jennie has been teaching internationally since 2004 (Amsterdam, North Carolina, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand; and, closer to home; Hamilton, Burlington and Toronto, Canada.)
• $15 drop-in class
• Trial Offer: $15 for 3 classes (new students only)
• 10-Class Pass: $120 - cash OR credit card accepted
• Classes are 90 minutes in duration
• Please arrive on time ~ at least 5 minutes and up to 15 minutes before class begins
• Jennie offers options for different abilities: please let her know of any relevant health issues
• Some yoga mats and blankets will be on hand, or bring your own
• You may change on location or arrive dressed in comfortable clothing
• There is parking at the back of the building