On[masked], at 12:07 PM, aksonnic wrote:
ACL is looking for a User Experience Specialist to help us inject UCD into our existing and new products. This is a new position, so you have the opportunity to establish the function from the ground up.
Apply at https://acl-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=39
User Experience Specialist
Are you as passionate about transforming existing products as you are about creating new products that delight customers? Does the challenge of transforming the product development process in a mature company to a user experience approach excite you? If so, you may be the candidate we want for the newly created position of User Experience Specialist.
Key Responsibilities/Main Activities:
- Creates, evaluates and modifies the product workflow and User Interface in support of product roadmap.
- Balances organizational demands, timelines and internal milestones to determine the most appropriate methodology for design. (storyboards, interaction patterns, prototypes, and other iterative artifacts).
- Manages projects running concurrently on multiple tracks from planning through launch.
- Is a key catalyst in driving a culture of innovation and teamwork experience on the needs of customers.
- Promotes the use of usability processes in the software development organization.
- Create design deliverables such as product style guides, work flow diagrams, prototypes and design mockups.
- Contributes to the design and usability of a product throughout the conceptualization, development, and implementation process. Performs highly complex reviews of task and work flow analyses. Develops user scenarios, task models, and conceptual and formal user interface prototypes.
- Works cross-functionally to evaluate, design, and test product enhancements. Plans and assists in the usability testing of targeted products.
- Stays abreast of the rapidly changing technologies and approaches in web, mobile, and emerging platforms
Key Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in relevant field (Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science)
- 5+ years of directly related work experience (in user experience, usability, or a closely related field and demonstrated expertise in interaction and visual design.
- Previous experience executing user experience designs within an iterative software development process.
- Good understanding of agile software development processes and a track record of successful launches
- Solid interpersonal skills, with the ability to operate and communicate effectively in a distributed team environment.
- Sharp design sensibilities, critical thinking, and an eye for detail
Vancouver, BC, CANADA
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by aksonnic ([address removed]) from VanUE.
To learn more about aksonnic, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]