Angular will find it's way far over the borders of the browser. It will use NativeScript or Ionic 2 to get onto any mobile device. It will use electron to enable desktop applications and with Angular 2 Universal it will even bridge the server/client rendering gap.
We're happy to announce another meetup. We will have a remote presentation from Tanmai Gopal
6:15 - Arrival, Chat, Saying Hello
6:30 - Realtime GraphQL and Serverless made easy for Angular apps with Hasura
Hasura is a free and open source GraphQL Engine that can help supercharge your GraphQL adoption, whether it is for a new application or for an existing one. That talk will cover:
- Using GraphQL to make CRUD operations from an Angular application
- Setting up access controls to data
- Building realtime components in Angular using GraphQL Subscriptions
- Wrapping existing REST APIs with GraphQL servers that can be deployed on Serverless platforms, and then merging them into a single endpoint using Remote Schemas
- Triggering serverless functions on database events
In short, we’ll go through how Angular developers can adopt realtime GraphQL and Serverless using Hasura.
Name: Tanmai Gopal
Bio: Tanmai is the co-founder of hasura.io. He is a StackOverflow powered fullstack, polyglot developer whose areas of interest and work span react, GraphQL, nodejs, python, haskell, docker, postgres, kubernetes. He is passionate about making it easy to build things and is the instructor of India's largest MOOC imad.tech with over 250,000 students.
7:30 - ... knowledge exchange / networking
We'll meet at the office of Bluesky at Aeschenvorstadt 36, 4051 Basel. Besides the location, Bluesky will also offer drinks and snacks.