Why does Functional Programming make it easier to control effectful programs?
And how could they be testable without using any external libraries for test?
Tagless final is an FP technique that models interactions with the outside world and makes it possible to test your program, but before you use it, you have to learn about many concepts in Functional Programming, like type classes, parametric polymorphism, partial types and so on.
In this talk, Wiem will introduce this approach and then will introduce the ZIO Scala library. ZIO provides many features for concurrency and asynchronous programs. In particular, she will explore how to use ZIO environment to test your application.
Wiem Zine El Abidine is a Scala Backend Engineer at MOIA and a functional programming enthusiastic. Outside of her day job, she loves contributing to Scalaz ZIO projects.
- 18:30 - 19:00 Get-together with food & drinks
- 19:00 - 20:00 Make it testable with ZIO environment
- 20:00 Get-together with more drinks
- Get to MOIA's office is best by public transport. Travel to Hauptbahnhof (central station) and from there it is a 5 minutes walk to the office.
- The office and meetup space are on the first floor. At the entrance of the building, meetup signs will guide you the way and we will welcome you at the entrance as well. In case nobody is there, just ring the bell and we let you in.
- Accessibility: The meeting space is accessible by wheelchair
- The talk will be in English and will not get recorded