What we're about
Do you like Scrabble? So do we! Come and play Scrabble with us!
WHY PLAY SCRABBLE?
- Scrabble is a great way to keep your mind healthy, and meet new people.
- Playing Scrabble is a good mix of activity and socialising.
WHO ARE WE?
- We are a friendly and welcoming group. We're very interested in providing an enjoyable evening for new attendees, and our groups have a very high return rate.
- These two groups have been running for a year. (See https://scrabblesa.com/ for clubs in other parts of Adelaide. Those clubs are all during the day, on weekdays.)
- Attendance is typically 15-20 people, and growing.
- We have players of all ages, but 40's to 60's are the majority.
- Players are about ⅔ women, ⅓ men.
- Our events are held at safe, comfortable, public restaurants and hotels.
- This is casual, relaxed, social Scrabble. It's not a tournament or event. There are no fancy rules, time limits, or formalities. It's just the rules printed on the box.
- You do not need to be good at Scrabble to join in. We have lots of other new players for you to play against. You won't be playing experts (unless you want to.)
- Scrabble uses Collins Dictionary, so if it's in there, it's allowed. This means there are no arguments.
- If you do ever want to play Scrabble more seriously, there are opportunities to do that.
- There is no cost of any kind, and you don't need to do or bring anything. We provide all equipment.
- We suggest turning up early for your first visit. If you're late, that's not a problem. We'll join you in as soon as another player is available to play.
- Stay for as long as you like.
- There is no commitment or membership. Try it out one evening, and see if you like it. If you do, come and play whenever you like.
- Having dinner or a drink at the venue is very much appreciated, as they're letting us use their space.
- Please choose an event, and mark yourself as attending. (You don't need to do this, though it is useful. Feel free to just turn up.)
- Message Daniel if you have any questions. Hope to see you soon!