What we're about
We are not here to fit in, be well balanced, or provide exempla for others. We are here to be eccentric, different, perhaps strange, perhaps merely to add our small piece, our little clunky, chunky selves, to the great mosaic of being. As the gods intended, we are here to become more and more ourselves.
(James Hollis: 'What Matter Most: Living a More Considered Life')
Welcome all Astrology Explorers! Have you ever wondered what Astrology has to offer?
· A language with which to understand ourselves and others in a deeper and more individualised way.
· A method to help us tune in to our own personal life cycles and major transformational times
· A method to help us tune in to our collective life cycles and major transformational times
The aim of this group is to provide a space and a community where you can explore astrology. Beginners to advanced are all welcome. Although I am offering some classes this group is primarily about community friendship and the sharing and exchange of ideas, knowledge and wisdom around astrology. If you have a particular topic you would like to explore or an area of astrological expertise you would like to share please let us know.
With this in mind we have returned refreshed and renewed in 2017 with a variety of Astrological Explorations on offer.
· Free Monthly Meet Ups at our Astrology library – Every 3rd Sunday of the month. Astrology chat of your choice, quiet and/or shared reading. Feel free to set a topic or give a talk of your choice on these days.
· Beginners classes –
• Wednesday nights. 7.15 - 9.15 I have kept these very cheap at $10 a lesson so check it out and come along
• Sunday afternoon. Every 2nd Sunday 2.30 - 4.30
· Intermediate to Advanced study group – by request.
· Occasional Saturday afternoon Lectures – Zane Stein will be exploring Chiron on 18th Feb.
My approach is to look at the chart as both a psychological and spiritual road map. I am heavily influenced by the Jungian Analytic Astrologers such as Liz Greene and the psycho/spiritual modern astrologers such as Dane Rudhyar and Stephen Arroyo. I am also in the process of applying ancient Hellenistic techniques to add further dimensions (and yet more facets) to our thoroughly modern, psychological understanding of a chart.
Looking forward to meeting up with you