What we're about
I created this group to find new friends who are looking for adventure. All women are welcome, I do anticipate the core group will be women aged 30 -69 who wish to travel with other women and are looking for a little bit of adventure and meeting lifelong friends. Women from all walks of life are encouraged to join. Adventures will be nothing over the top, but getting back into life with a group of friends, in a safe environment, suitable for your current fitness. You don't need to be a fitness freak, but you do need to want to have fun doing exciting things. For instance - traveling to new places, bicycling, kayaking, hiking, camping in the wild. The list is endless, we can work together to fulfil your desires. Adventures could be local, interstate or overseas, and can be as short as a morning hike to a 10 day overseas tour.
It is a condition of membership to this group that you read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW
Ladies Looking For Adventure Terms and Conditions
In no activity shall this group or the group organiser be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the membership, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this site or person you meet through this site.
You acknowledge that you/and your guests are responsible for your own safety whilst attending the events. You acknowledge that you/and your guests are physically and mentally capable of undertaking the activity. You will follow all instructions given by the tour guide or group leader in regards to your safety and the safety of others in the group.
You are responsible for your interactions with other members.You understand that we currently do not conduct criminal background checks on our members. This site makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of members, or their compatibility with any current or future members.
In addition, you agree to review our group terms and conditions prior to becoming an active member.
1. If required, I agree to pay a registration fee to Ladies looking for Adventure (LLFA), which entitles me to participate in an LLFA event to which this registration fee relates, on the terms and conditions set out below.
Refund of registration fee
2. Subject to clause 3, I agree that after I pay the registration fee or deposit I shall not be entitled to a refund of the registration fee or deposit.
3. I acknowledge that Ladies looking for Adventure (LLFA) may, in its sole discretion, delay, modify, cancel and change the date of any event. If LLFA cancels an LLFA event due to unforeseen circumstances, then LLFA may, in its discretion, provide a refund or a partial refund of the registration fee to me.
Exclusion of liability – general and including personal injury and damage to property
4. To the maximum extent permissible by law, I hereby release LLFA, its officers and agents and each of them from any liability whatsoever arising from or connected with my participation in any LLFA event.
Exclusion of liability – consequential loss
5. I agree that LLFA shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever that I may suffer as a result (whether directly or indirectly) from any delay, cancellation or change of date of a LLFA event.
6. The releases in clause 4 and 5 are not intended to affect any liability LLFA may have under the consumer guarantees (to the extent that they apply) set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
7. I hereby agree to indemnify LLFA, its agents and each of them against any claims made against them by any other participant in an LLFA event where such claims arise from (whether directly or indirectly) my participation in or my actions or omissions (whether negligent or otherwise) during a LLFA event.
Risk and Physical Preparedness
8. Due to the adventurous nature of some of the LLFA events, I understand and acknowledge that participating in these events can be a physically and mentally arduous and potentially dangerous activity, which involves the risk of serious injury and/or death.
9. I acknowledge that in addition to the general risk of serious injury and/or death to which I may be exposed as set out in the preceding paragraph, I may be exposed to the following risks:-
· injury resulting from falls, including from falls at height;
· cuts and abrasions;
· confined spaces;
· extreme cold and heat and cold and heat related illnesses including but not limited to hypothermia, hyperthermia and sunstroke;
· inclement weather;
· vehicle accident; and
· physical exertion and exhaustion generally.
10. I acknowledge that the above list of potential risks is not intended to be exhaustive.
11. I acknowledge and warrant that I am in good health and in proper physical condition to safely participate in an LLFA event. I certify that I have no known or knowable physical or mental conditions that would affect my ability to safely participate in a LLFA event, or that would result in my participation creating a risk of danger to myself or to others.
12. I agree to abide by all written, spoken and/or posted rules of LLFA, as well as all written and/or posted rules of the venue. I further agree to comply with all directions, instructions and decisions of LLFA, it’s agents and venue personnel. I further agree not to challenge these rules, directions, instructions, or decisions on any basis at any time.
13. I agree that LLFA and venue personnel may immediately remove from the event anyone who disobeys any rules, directions, instructions, decisions, or laws, or whose behaviour endangers safety or negatively affects a person, facility, or property of any type or kind.
14. I warrant that I am not, and on the date of the LLFA event will not be, under the influence of alcohol or any drugs that would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the LLFA event. I further acknowledge that alcohol consumption following the event is discouraged by LLFA and I take full responsibility for any decision to consume alcohol at that time.
15. I specifically acknowledge and agree to abide by the following rules:
· no clothing, props or equipment that pose an unnecessary risk to participants and or personnel are permitted; and
· obey civil and criminal laws including traffic laws.
16. I certify that I am or will be of at least 18 years of age by the date of the LLFA event. If I am not 18 years of age by the date of the LLFA event I acknowledge that I must obtain the consent of my parent or legal guardian to participate in the LLFA event before doing so.
17. I understand that any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses of me captured or taken during the LLFA event by LLFA, affiliated entities or contractors become the sole property of LLFA. I grant the right, permission and authority to LLFA to use my name and any such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses for any legal purpose, including but not limited to promoting, advertising, and marketing activities. I further acknowledge and agree that LLFA, as sole owner, has the full right to sell and/or profit from the commercial use of such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses.
18. I understand that by registering for a LLFA event, LLFA may collect my personal information. This includes details on my name, date of birth, email address, address, mobile number and size. This is regarding clothing/equipment requirements and to give key stakeholders an estimate on numbers in relation to the event. This information will not be passed onto a 3rd party in any original data format unless for insurance purposes..
19. Users can request to have their account information modified or deleted or request to opt out of eDMs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank details), to other members.