What we're about
"Everything rises and falls on leadership" - John C. Maxwell
SO WHAT IS LEADERSHIP THEN?
Well leadership encompasses far more than most people initially think .. it starts with leadership of self .. then leadership of others .. then leadership of leaders .. of business .. and at the highest levels .. the statesmanship of enterprise level leadership .. or country level leadership. Everyone of us are leaders because everyone of us influences someone else every day.
Leadership is the facilitation of the process of the crystallisation of potential into desired results through the systematic organization of talent. What???????????
See .. we are all born with different God given talents .. but that’s not enough .. talent does not equal results .. otherwise all successful people would be talented .. and they’re not .. and all unsuccessful people would be untalented .. and they’re not.
And you know from your own observations that this is just not true. Do you know any talented people who don’t seem to get the results they deserve? Of course you do .. you probably know dozens. Do you know any successful people who seem to lack talent? Again, they’re everywhere aren’t they?
Talent will help .. sure .. it will help .. but it’s not enough on its own .. something else is needed ..and that catalyst necessary to crystallise potential into results .. is leadership. One of my Favourite books of John’s is called Talent Is Never Enough .. take a look at this:
• More than 50% of all CEOs of Fortune 500 companies had C or C- averages in college
• 65% of all US senators came from the bottom half of their school classes
• 75% of US presidents were in the lower half club in school
• More than 50% of millionaire entrepreneurs never finished college
So .. as you can see .. some of our beliefs around why people are successful need to be re-examined .. there has to be more to it than talent .. talent is given but we must earn success. Eduard Pailleron said ‘have success and there will always be fools to say you have talent’ Peter Drucker said ‘there seems to be little correlation between a man’s effectiveness and his intelligence, imagination or his knowledge’ When we look into this .. we see that .. it’s leadership that makes the difference .. everything rises and falls with leadership.
Why do I call members "Wise Ones". The wise exercise their mind and understand that wisdom is a journey with no destination. The wise develop their mind, body and souls. You don't have to have a degree or a high IQ to be "wise".
MasterMind Group (MMG) Format
– Enjoy the study, enjoy the group, and have fun. While many of these concepts can be challenging, finding joy in the entire process will be fulfilling and contagious.
Please come and let me share one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned. Everyone is a leader because everyone influences someone. Leaders are not born leaders, they are made leaders and anyone and everyone can improve their influence which is the same as improving your leadership.
The MMG format is pretty simple. We have a weekly 90 minute meeting in which we summarize our weekly assigned reading, answer some assigned questions from the reading and then brainstorm.
What Will You Get From a MMG?
• Answers and ideas, which come from brainstorming with the group
• Tap into the experience and skills of others
• Increased confidence that you've made the right decisions and are taking the right actions to achieve your goals
• Accountability and real progress in your business and personal life
• An instant and valuable support network
• A sense of shared endeavour - there are others out there!
• Design things to be the way you want them to be, not as you've been told they "should" be
• A boost to your everyday positive mental attitude
WARNING - My MMGs may change your body, soul and spirit. Attendees have been known to find purpose, quit jobs, find love, leave hate, defeat depression, lose weight and start living a life of potential.