As a group We love doing
-Night Photography that includes city lights and Street Photography
-Interesting Events around Sydney
-Photography Workshop and tutorials at all different levels .
So if you are seasoned Photographer or complete newbie you will find events that you would enjoy !!
We are a fun group and we respect our group members and we expect same from our members .
The primary motive to create this group is to bring night photographers together. But time to time we will orgnise different photography meet ups on public demand.
If you join the group you agree to all the terms and conditions mentioned below .
It is in your best interest you read it carefully
Join us on Facebook
Looking forward to create some amazing pictures with all of you !!
IMPORTANT : SAFETY OF MEMBERS IS OUR PRIORITY
To keep the Night Photography - Astrophotography Enthusiast group as enjoyable as possible, the organisers have set a few terms and conditions in relation to RSVPs, conduct/behavior and etiquette. Most people will find these conditions to be common sense. If any of these conditions seem unfair to you or you don't agree with them, then this group may not be right for you. Please familiarise yourself with them to ensure that future meet-ups run smoothly as possible in a pleasant and harmonious environment. These terms and conditions apply not only to members but organisers and guests.
Health and Safety, Personal Responsibility – Disclaimer
Our activities are recreational and involve not only photography, but also driving and a bit of walking (to reach the intended location) on paths and tracks at night, sometimes off track in remote, difficult terrain. Participation in this event is entirely at your own risk and you agree and accept that you are completely and ultimately responsible for your own safety, health and well-being throughout the meet-up events. You further agree, accept and assume full legal responsibility for yourself and that you release the organisers from any liability (legal or otherwise) that may arise as a result of your participation in this event. Attendees will at no time hold the organiser/s, leader/s and/or event hosts responsible for any accident, misadventure or ill health that may occur whilst attending an event including damage to or loss of equipment/belongings (includes camera equipment). Attendees who RSVP for an event agree that it is their responsibility to ensure they are fit enough to attend the event and to ensure they have sufficiently researched the event locations or other activity, and the prevailing weather conditions and warnings in order to make an informed decision whether or not the event is suitable for them.
We do our best to verify the information provided to us by third parties but we cannot guarantee its accuracy. You understand and agree that we cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions caused by incorrect or inadequate information supplied to us by such third parties. You agree to make your own enquiries to verify information provided and to assess the suitability of products before you purchase.
Although our group is about night photography, our aim is to enjoy ourselves whilst at different shoot locations and this involves getting on with everyone, mutual respect and discipline. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and will be dealt with accordingly as follows:
1. A member who destabilises a trip and undermines the event organisers or hosts will be expelled immediately and banned from re-joining the group.
2. A member who is rude and hostile to the event organisers or hosts will be expelled immediately and banned from re-joining the group.
3. If there are persistent and consistent complaints about a member from a broad section of the general membership, such a member will be removed and banned from joining the group.
4. All other anti-social behaviour will be addressed by the organisers on a case-to-case basis.
For some of the organised meet-up events, members may organise carpooling. This is advisable for long trips that involve night driving. However, there are a basic set of etiquettes that car-poolers should abide by, in case they are car-pooling with other member/s of a meet-up event. These are:-
1. A car-pool host (the car owner) should agree on locations and pick-up timings with the car-pool guests well in advance. Thorough research is required to ensure that the pick-up arrangement is met without a lot of difficulties.
2. The car-pool host should notify the guests on the night of the event well in advance (at least 2 hours prior to the host starting the journey) confirming the arrangement and pick up timings. It is a good practice for all car poolers to save contact numbers of each other.
3. If the car-pool host cancels his RSVP, notifications should be made to not only the event leaders but also the car-pool guests as soon as the RSVP changes are announced.
4. Last minute cancellations are not welcome, unless there is a genuine emergency. The car-pool host should call up the event leader to explain the predicament and call up the guests for notifications. If possible, an alternate arrangement should be made by the car-pool host for the guests. This should also be notified to the event leader.
5. Car pool guests should make themselves available for pick up at the agreed location at the agreed time. The car pool host has the authority, not to wait for the guest for more than 5 minutes at the agreed location after the agreed time.
6. Car pool guests should be willing to share petrol costs with the car pool host, unless otherwise notified by the host.
7. Car pool guests should share driving with the host to ensure safety of every member is not compromised through driver fatigue or tiredness. If the guests are concerned with driver safety, the guests may raise objection against the driver. For all matters as this, it is advised to park the car and call the event leader for further actions.
8. The car pool host has the responsibility of ensuring that they do not leave behind any guest/s. If a member wishes to stay behind, the event leader should be notified straight away. Alternate arrangement should be made, in conjunction with the event leader for the member.
9. The car pool host also has the responsibility to ensure that the drop off location of the guests be as pre-decided. The car pool host shall not drop off a member at any other locations against the guests’ wishes. This may lead to the host being banned permanently from the meet-up group.
10. Damage caused to equipment during travel is not the responsibility of the car pool host. Every member is responsible for his/her equipment.
11. For all matters relating to accidents, legal speed limits breach or traffic rules violation is outside the terms and conditions of this group and needs to be legally managed. Event organisers / leaders or hosts are not to be held responsible for these incidents.
Lastly, not forgetting that this is a photographic meet up, we have some basic etiquette for our shooters. These are:-
1. Watch out for your car headlights, flashes, torches and/or headlamps and make sure they don't ruin someone's shot. You will invite a shout if you wave your headlamp around.
2. Do not walk out in front of another shooting mate without checking so you don't get in their frame.
3. Share a good composition if you find it (be a sport and share the location you envy with others)
4. Work as a team to ensure we all get some good images. Help out others who approach you – remember that is how you may have started your photographic career.
Thank you for & Welcome :)