Joining this group will enable you to comfortably and safely mix with like-minded over 55’s for a variety of social gatherings, mainly Sunday walks followed by lunch and great conversation. We also have monthly dinners and occasional weekends away and we’re certainly open to member’s suggestions for other events.
We hope our members are active and regular participants of our events as we believe you will enjoy our events more once you get to know our members.
Please read our Guidelines before applying as all members must commit to the following:
1. First and foremost, this is a social group and not a dating group. Obviously as adults, people do ‘meet up’ during the course of the events and relationships are formed, but this is not the primary function of the group. All members must feel safe and comfortable and any behaviour contrary to this is unacceptable. Offenders will be removed from the group and all fees forfeited.
2. Are you prepared to regularly attend events?
Regular attendance is required to build a cohesive and friendly group. Non-attendance over 3 months may automatically cancel a membership and fees will be forfeited. Illness, Holidays etc. are to be expected as long as the Organiser is advised.
3. As this is a group for and of adults, it is expected that people will behave in a mature fashion, but should a problem occur that can’t be managed between and by the individuals concerned, then the Organiser/s are to be advised.
4. Events are usually hosted and the host clearly identified. If this is not the case it will state this on the event notification i.e. This is a non-hosted event.
5. The events are organised for the benefit of the committed members, therefore guests or plus 1’s are not accepted unless specifically advised when an event is posted. As numbers are usually capped and bookings taken on a’ first in’ basis, it is unfair for a member to be prevented from attending because a place has been taken up by a guest.
6. Membership fees to join this group are $5.00 per annum.
7. Occasionally events are planned that may have a cover charge or upfront fee. Your confirmation to attend one of these events becomes active on receipt of monies paid to the Organiser.
8. Attendance at a hosted event is required within 2 months of joining. The $5.00 annual membership fee is to be paid to the event host at the first event to secure membership of the group or membership will be declined.
9. Please provide a clear picture of yourself and your first name, or the name you would prefer to be known by, AND either your surname or initial. (we may need to differentiate between multiple people with the same name)
Only reply ‘yes’ to events if you intend to attend. If more than 3 ‘no-shows’ after reserving a spot for an event with capped numbers, members will be removed and fees forfeited. The reason we are so firm on this is that each event booking by a member keeps another member out, as numbers are usually capped, depending on the venues. If you have RSVP’d and then find you are unable to attend, please change your response to “no”, then those on the wait list can move into the freed up spaces.
11. Indemnity: By participating in any activity or event with Single Social Walkers (SSW) group, all members agree to release SSW and the Organiser, Co Organisers and Hosts from all actions, demands, claims for costs, charges, damages, liabilities and expenses, which you have now or in the future, against the SSW group for death, injury to the body, mind, emotions, or any loss or damage that you may sustain or incur as a result of your participation in any activity. Members also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SSW group in relation to any claims as a result, or arising in relation to, whether directly or indirectly, your participation in any activity or any act of omission by any member in relation to the activity. Your paid-up membership fee acts as a confirmation that you have accepted the above terms.
12. Hot weather policy
The organiser may chose to cancel a walk or event if the weather for that event is in excess of 30 degrees or on the advice of a health care professional.
Thank you visiting our page and we hope you enjoy our group and associated activities.