Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.
This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.
Typical startup event topics include: • Coming up with a strong startup idea • Startup legal basics • How to pitch your startup • Starting a company without quitting your day job • How to raise funding for your startup • And much more!
If you have a startup idea or idea-stage company and you are interested in the Founder Institute program, then join us for the Founder Night Out. Meet fellow peers that are applying to the program or already enrolled, as well as the program Directors and Mentors. Socialize over drinks with other entrepreneurs at the same stage of development. Meet potential Co-Founders. Meet potential partners. Most of all, have fun!
>> Our guest speakers for this event include:
- Chris Clark (Co-Founder, Spark Festival)
- Paul Krajewski (FI Co-Director Sydney, FI Sydney)
- Nicola Rushton (Product designer & lean user researcher, nicolarushton.com)
- Stephen Rutter (Founder, The Scale Institute)
- Ben Reid (Co-Founder, Crave (Entrepreneur in Residence, Remarkable))
- Alistair Hart (Head of Digital, Techwitty)
>> Who should Attend?
- Anyone interested in joining the Founder Institute program
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company
- Anyone interested in meeting Founder Institute Graduates, Directors or Mentors
>> >> This event is FREE, and we expect over 50 people in attendance. For more information, visit http://fi.co/e/171031/meetup
This event is sponsored by the Founder Institute startup accelerator. Founder Institute provides a step-by-step program that gives startup founders the structure, mentor support, and network of entrepreneurs they need to start an enduring company. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 60 countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems worldwide.
If you have any feedback on this event, please let us know at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fi-events
Also, remember to sign up for our Founder Insight mailing list to receive exclusive startup training videos and articles every Monday and Thursday: http://fi.co/subscribe