What we're about
Sydney People Photography is a community primarily focused on people photography.
Our activities are not limited to any particular photography genre. We organize a wide range of activities for our members, including photo shoots for creative/artistic expression, environmental portraiture to event photography.
We provide a friendly atmosphere for our members to explore and enhance their creativity through activities such as:
- Well planned and organized photo-shoots around themes and concepts
- Presentations and seminars from established photographers and industry professionals
- Collaboration with other communities and clubs
The Sydney People Photography is a non-profit community, ran by volunteers who are passionate about people photography, often at their personal expenses. All fees taken during our activities are used for the operation of our group.
A trip down memory lane:
- March 2018 : The group count is 4390 and we have organized over to 150 events.
- July 2017 : The group count is 3490 and we have organized close to 100 events.
- Jan 2017: The group member count is at a whopping 2890 members and we have organized over 75 events. Thanks to all our members for patronizing the group and making it such a big success. When we started this journey in January 2014; we were just a 2 (Jonathan and myself - Deepak) ... but your love and continuous support has made this such a large family. We will continuously strive to run as many events as we possibly can.
- July 2015: just within 1.5 years, the group has reached over 1000 members and we have organized over 30 group activities
- February 2015: The member count crossed 500 members
- December 2014: the group was renamed to "Sydney People Photography" to reflect our focus on people photography (Soon after our change of name, another meet-up group changed theirs to a similar one. We have no direct affiliation to any other photography group, although we welcome collaboration with groups and welcome organizers from various meetup groups for joint events)
- October 2014 the group formed the first community collaboration event with a hip-hop dance school, covering their annual event
- July 2014: The group reached 100 members
- February 2014: The group ran the first photo-shoot with a ballroom dancer and her partner, in a studio in Chippendale
- January 2014: The group was founded by Jonathan and Deepak; and was called "Photography with a Theme". It was started as a medium for the organizers to organize photo-shoots around themes and concepts