What we're about
The FREE MEDITATION GROUP is a quick and easy way to gain the numerous benefits of meditation. Unwind, learn and experience a meditation class after work (while the traffic dies down!)
=== WHO IS IT FOR? ===
* New people that are curious about meditation classes or relaxation techniques.
* People that like learning, personal development/growth or meeting like minded people.
* Various levels of meditators that want a convenient time and place to meditate.
+ A variety of people from managers, athletes and monks employ meditation so it is one of the few practices that can benefit everyone.
+ The best way to know is to try it out yourself!
=== WHY DO PEOPLE MEDITATE? ===
There are so many benefits of meditation that have been documented...
(The undocumented ones are in italics!)
* Boost Concentration & Focus
* Reduces negative emotions and build self-confidence
* Control more of your thoughts
* Allows you to bend spoons (and other household utensils)
* Reduces stress and increases blood circulation
* Break habits like eating junk food, smoking or drinking alcohol
* Enhances the immune system
* Gives you six-pack abs in just 3 minutes a day
* Live more in the present moment
* Provides peace of mind & happiness
* Connect deeper with your inner self
* Lets you levitate in concentric circles
=== WHAT'S THE AGENDA? ===
6pm - Registration
630pm - Learn how to mediate using a simple and practical meditation technique. Practice some guided meditation for beginners.
7:15pm - Meditation sessions with questions and answers in between.
* If you have attended before and only want to meditate, you can enter the room before 7:15pm.
8pm - Inner peace! Optional mingling until 830pm.
=== FAQs ===
What type of meditation is it? We use a simple and practical technique called the gap game. These meditation lessons don't require any meditation music, elaborate props or some sacred candle.
Are there any side effects? No, there are only positive side effects to meditating
What are the benefits of group meditation? People find they are more alert and fall asleep less!
Do I need to meditate in a group? No, meditation requires no special equipment, can be practiced anywhere, at any given moment, and it is not time consuming.
Is it complicated? No, in fact people overcomplicate meditation. We will use a very simple technique that gets instant results when you practice it.
Will I have done this technique before? Probably not. It's nothing to do with transcendental meditation, buddhism or yoga. Give a try yourself!