Welcome to Snider's Must-See Movie Night! (Formerly Snider's Sci-Fi Movie Night.) This group meets in a home in north metro Atlanta on the 1st Saturday of each month (with occasional exceptions) for a private screening of a classic film. (Okay, sometimes not-so-classic, but in any case we strive to enjoy cinematic excellence.)
Movies are selected by the host, but suggestions are welcome.
* Please Please PLEASE if you RSVP and then discover you can't make it, change your RSVP so those on the wait list won't miss an opportunity to come. (We take a very dim view of no-shows, as some former members can attest.) If you have a significant other who'd also like to participate, please have him/her join this meet-up and RSVP separately. We have very limited space (10 people max), so unanticipated guests will really put a pinch on the seating situation.
* Doors open at 7PM, movie starts at 8PM.
* This is also a potluck, so bring something good to eat or drink to share. We will provide a main dish, plus a couple of bottles of wine and a six-pack of beer.
* We try to run a shoeless household, so please leave your shoes in the foyer when you arrive.
* Finally, we have a very fluffy, very friendly cat. So, if you're not a cat person--you've been warned!
Let's watch Tim Burton's holiday mash-up The Nightmare Before Christmas, in which Jack Skellington, the King of Halloween Town, discovers the existence of the mysterious holiday Christmas and decides he and his spooky townsfolk should stage it themselves.
The Usual Reminders:
If you replied that you'd attend, but your plans have changed, PLEASE update your RSVP, so that someone on the waiting list won't miss an opportunity to come. We have very limited space (usually 10 people max), so unanticipated guests will really put a pinch on the seating situation.
Doors open at 7PM (no early arrivals, please); movie starts no later than 8PM.
We run a shoeless household, so please leave your shoes in the foyer when you arrive.
Finally, we have a very fluffy, very friendly cat. So, if you're not a cat person--you've been warned!
We look forward to seeing you!
• What to bring
This is a potluck, so bring something good to eat or drink to share. We usually make a main dish and provide a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white. Please plan your contribution accordingly, and please post what you'll be bringing in the discussion section so we can avoid unexpected redundancy. (We pause to reflect on the Great Cornbread Overload of 2016.)