This is an IBM sponsored Big Data meetup group. Geared towards developers, data scientists and all Big Data enthusiasts, our meetups provide an opportunity to work hands on with the solutions and tools in our Big Data platform.
Our Meetups typically include a 45-60 min (max) presentation that serves as an introduction and overview for a specific Big Data technology. It is followed by ~3 hours to collaborate with fellow developers and apply your Big Data skills. We provide a cloud environment that you can run through the browser of your laptop at NO cost to you. Our meetups are FREE.
Meetup topics include:
- Hadoop-based analytics
- Stream Computing
- Text Analytics
- Visualization and Discovery tools for Big Data
- Big Data App Development
- Deep dives into the technologies that makes big data processing possible
- Anything and everything about Big Data
Join us today for a hands on software development experience.
REGISTER HERE FOR THIS FREE EVENT: http://bit.ly/2X67Onf
This event is Eastern Standard Time. Please adjust to your location. Event is on-line.
IBM Z Day is a 1-day virtual conference for anyone and everyone! Our lineup of 25 global thought
leaders will highlight industry trends and demonstrate how IBM Z is reliably running the world – always open | on | secure.
- IBM Z: Imagine this - IBM Z runs 30 billion transactions a day! Always open | on | secure. To provide perspective, there are approximately 5.6 billion Google searches per day. Want to know how? Join us!
- Open Z: Open source technologies are a vital part of most technology strategies today and this track provides attendees with a look at how they are being used for both zOS and LinuxONE.
- Global Z: Join tech influencers, international organizations like the World Economic Forum and the United Nations, and IBM enterprise and startup clients to hear how they are shaping the digital landscape and evolving the tech industry, while making the world a better place.
See the agenda and list of industry thought leaders speaking at this conference here : https://ibm.biz/IBMZDay
Join Us! Don't miss this high end computing virtual conference to advance your tech skills, explore technical case studies, and discover how anyone can build their path to Z.
Join us to learn more. This is an online Community virtual event for Z Analytics. Event is held in Eastern Standard Time.
REGISTER HERE: http://bit.ly/2X67Onf
Once you register you will be able to go back into the event to review recorded sessions.
All genders are welcome to attend this interactive Lunch and Learn event! We will provide the lunch and some intro to ML.
"A datathon is a data-focused hackathon — given a dataset and a limited amount of time, participants are challenged to use their creativity and data science skills to build, test, and explore solutions. Try something new, apply what you know, learn from other participants, and improve your data science skills along the way!"
"The WiDS Datathon 2020 will focus on health data, highlighting the importance of data ethics and privacy. Further details, including when the data, guidelines, and prizes will be published on Kaggle will be sent out via email, Slack, and on social media.
The WiDS Datathon 2019 featured an image classification challenge, asking participants to predict if there is an oil palm plantation in each chip of the image. More than 200 teams participated, with winners hailing from 6 countries over three continents. Winners were announced at WiDS Stanford on March 4, 2019."
All the above text is from: https://www.widsconference.org/datathon.html
Men can also participate in WiDS competitions, but each team must be at least half female.
This event will introduce attendees to WiDS Datathons and showcase some Machine Learning tools that can help to tackle Datathon challenges.
Shatabdi and Svetlana participated in the last two WiDS datathons and will share their experience.
Please bring your laptops, and you can learn how to collaborate on your ML challenges using free IBM Cloud accounts and Watson Studio.
Lunch will be provided.