This group is for anyone interested in open source search, logging, analytics & data visualization. We primarily focus on these open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats ( http://www.elastic.co/products ) — but we welcome talks on any aspect of data exploration.
We want to hear from you — and so do other meetup members!
We’d love to have this user group meet more regularly, so we’re looking for a local organizer who will help the group thrive, and the Community Team at Elastic is here to support you. If you’re interested email us at this guide to help you ( https://www.elastic.co/community/usergroupguide#overview )get started on your path to starting a Meetup.com user group.
What you’ll gain by being a Community Organizer?:
- Public speaking experience
- Community leadership and contribution
- Networking opportunities
- Learn new technical use cases and share your expertise
- Special Elastic swag (and bragging rights, of course).
- Be a fan of Elastic and possess motivation to help build the community
- Commit to organizing the user group for at least one calendar year (at least 3-4 meetups a year)
- Attend the meetups
- Help find speakers and hosts (Elastic can help connect you with other users)
- Create meetup.com announcement (Elastic can help promote)
- Order food & beverages (Elastic is happy to sponsor)
Host a meetup:
Hosting a meetup at your office, is another way to get more involved with the community. This is a great way to showcase your space (especially if you’re trying to recruit). Your facilities don't need to be fancy — we're looking for a comfortable vibe, a projector, screen, chairs, and a place to serve refreshments. Email
This Meetup community adheres to the Elastic Community Code of Conduct ( https://www.elastic.co/community/codeofconduct ). Attendance to events run as part of this Meetup group means you agree to be an awesome human and engage by these rules.