This group is inspired by Avi's dinging adventures https://www.meetup.com/Montreal-Dining-Adventures/ Avi focuses on Asian food while i created this one for the love of empanada, ceviche, papusa, alfajore, feijoada, asados, arepa, Churros, ajiaco, ropa vieja, yerba mate, burritos, inca Kola, Jerk beef and everything Latin American and Caribbean food.
Exactly like Avi, I am a member of several food-related Meetups, and while I enjoy all of them (which is why I continue to be a member), there are many restaurants that I want to try and other groups are not covering, or I simply missed the opportunity when they did.
In this group, i would like to focus more on the authenticity of the food(while ensuring hygiene and friendliness of service) more than the vibes. So it is less likely that i will choose a trendy or a 7 stars place. Prior knowledge of the region's cuisine and culture are not important, what matters is your curiosity and openness to try new things. However, if you are knowledgeable about it or have any sort of connection to Los Americas, your recommendations are highly appreciated.
Occasionally, i will also organise dinners beyond Latin and Caribbean food.
Now a few rules if you don't mind:)
1. Please include a profile picture that actually shows your face. I understand that you might have privacy concerns. But In order to be able to recognise each other when we meet, i won't be in a position to accept members with no photos of their own faces.
2. Since most events involves table reservation, a no-show up to an event will lead to membership ban . Cancelling with less than 48 hour notice will be counted as a no-show, as will as showing up more than 15 minutes late (because other people will have to wait for late members so they can order).
3. I will restrict all events to 6-10 people. One of the things that makes a dining experience good is the company and to get to know each other. A typical event will last around 90 minutes, so please make an effort to join the conversation.
4.Typically people order separately , but if you are into ordering tapas/family style so you can taste several things. I am absolutely in!
4. A meetup fee of 2$ will be collected at each event. Meetup business model is based on charging organisers on monthly basis.
5. Please bring exact change or bills that are easy to break.
Looking forward to meet you soon and don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions or recommendations,
Empanadas ( baked or fried stuffed pastry) and Milanesas (breaded meat fillet) are essential pillars in Argentinean cuisine. You can find a place selling them in virtually every corner of the country as fast food meal/snack and it is guaranteed they will be served in any given party . Pacha Mama is a great place to try them!
I've been there with Argentinian friends and they certify the place as "authentic with a nice twist". The vibes are positive and we can even try the famous yerba mate alongside a good dessert after enjoying your meal.
So to cut a long story short , this is This is the menu http://pachas.ca/en-menu , see you there!