Welcome to the Brighton WordPress Meetup Group. We aim to meet on the last Monday of the month. Whether you're a designer, developer, blogger, content manager or anyone else who deals with WordPress, come along, learn and meet some like-minded souls.
🗣 Leo Mindel: Live Streaming Demo
Skill level: All
Do you feel that the attention span of your website visitors is shorter than the time it takes to toast a bagel? Wouldn’t it be great to attract people to visit a site without the need to create complex and time-consuming videos?
With all the new Live Streaming platforms out there and the reduction in the tech needed to Go Live, now is a great time to introduce Live Streaming to your armour.
This demo will show you the hardware and software needed to setup and deliver your own live stream and how this can be achieved for under £150.
Once everything is setup, Leo will broadcast a live conversation with well-known WordPress personalities remotely. And if it all goes wrong, there is always free chocolate at his talks.
Leo is the founder of Sotic, a multi-award-winning Digital Sports Agency that uses WordPress CMS as the platform to deliver large-scale websites for major sporting rights-holders.
He has been a member of WordPress London since 2016 and has regularly live-streamed this Meetup.
@wfckeego / www.sotic.net
🍕Catch up with the WordPress community in Brighton, with drinks and pizza courtesy of our lovely sponsors 34sp.com & Pragmatic!
- 6:00 - 6:30 pm - Welcome and networking.
- 6:30 pm - Talk begins.
- 7:30 pm - Pizza, drinks and networking.
- 8:45 pm - Start leaving the venue and if anyone wants to continue the chat and informal networking, head to 'Seven Stars' pub on Ship St.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements when you RSVP.
- Pragmatic, 2nd-floor, Chandos House, 26 North Street, Brighton, BN1 1EB
- Main entrance on Meeting House Lane across from Riddle & Finns.
- Please ring the 2nd-floor buzzer and someone will let you in.
🤔 OTHER INFO
- Find us on Twitter @WordUpBrighton (#WordUpBTN) or join us on Slack, in the channel #wordup-brighton.
- We are on the lookout for more organisers! If you would like to get involved, get in touch!