**Find out more and reserve your spot on our Peatix page (pre-booking required): https://blockchainsdgs.peatix.com/**
The United Nations 2030 Agenda emphasizes the role that innovation plays in support of sustainable development. An important, emerging innovation is blockchain/distributed ledger technology.
Originally, the primary use of blockchain technology was to store and track cryptocurrency transactions (e.g. Bitcoin). However, other uses have emerged in recent years, some of which can be used to advance the implementation of the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs): for example, by reducing food waste (SDG 12), supporting creation of new environmental conversation sites (SDG 13), and providing legal identities and financial services to refugees and the poor (SDG 2).
The goal of this event is to explore how blockchain technology can be used to solve some of the challenges embodied in the 17 SDGs and address both global and Japan-specific social challenges.
On October 6th, we invite you to take a deep dive with us to explore how we can use this technology to solve some of our world’s biggest challenges.
- So first of all, what exactly IS the blockchain?
- What are the SDGs, and How is blockchain being used to achieve them? Blockchain x SDG - case studies
- Introduction to "Kizuna" - Bitcoin donation platform
- Japanese government’s applications of blockchain
- Global trends and opportunities
- Panel Discussion + Q&A
*The speaker program will finish at 18:00, and will be followed by casual networking and drinks (included in ticket price) from 18:00 - 19:00 in the same venue.
Mai Fujimoto – Founder of Kizuna, Bitcoin Donation Platform (a.k.a. Miss Bitcoin, https://www.kizuna.world/)
Kohei Kurihara - President of Tokyo Chapter, Government Blockchain Association (https://www.gbaglobal.org/).
Chris Rizanow – Director, Digital Asset Restructuring Asia, Blockchain Industries (https://www.blockchainind.com/)
Alexis R. Rocamora - Senior Sustainability Consultant at EY Japan & Co-author of "Blockchain Applications and the Sustainable Development Goals" (https://bit.ly/2NCOnQg)
Eriko Suzuki - Partner, Fresco Capital & Director, Mistletoe (https://fresco.vc/).
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
- Understand the idea and principles of blockchain and decentralized social contracts.
- Learn about prototype blockchain models and how they are being used to address the challenges embodied in the SDGs.
- Explore how technology can accelerate social impact.
- Learn about how blockchain technology works and why some consider it the technology of the future.
- Discover what some leading practitioners are doing to come up with effective solutions to social problems.
- Engage with speakers directly about what their organizations are doing to leverage blockchain to tackle SDGs.
- Interact with a diverse group of people (entrepreneurs, corporate employees, students, nonprofits, etc.).
General Admission: 2,500 JPY (incl. drinks at post-event mingle from 18:00 - 19:00)
* Tickets are limited and must be bought via our Peatix page in advance. Tickets will not be sold on the door.
For more info and to reserve your spot, check out our Peatix page: https://blockchainsdgs.peatix.com/