Wat we doen
Hello fellow photographers & filmmakers!
What is The Dutch Photography & Filmmaking Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Rotterdam-Photography-Meetup/) all about?
First of all: it's open for everyone, both amateur and professionals! Like:
- Photography/Film enthousiasts
- Enthousiasts that are interested in Photography, Film/ Filmmaking or even better both
Who are we?
John Bakker and me (Joris Maas) are originally both graduated as photographers and in the past years we also started to film when DSLR's got this feature as well. Independent of eachother, we had the same ideas about photography and film and how to get both disciplines together in a nice way.
We hope more people will join the group (so, invite all your friends/family that are interested in photography and film) so we can organize bigger meetings in the Netherlands and invite speakers from the industry.
Also creating content together, talk about it or share work and knowledge with eachother is very important.
Other ideas to consider are:
- organizing photography/film trips to different places
- Giving and following workshops (i.e. if you are filming with quadcopters, you could tell people something about it)
- Attending exhibitions together as a group (FOAM, Fotomuseum Rotterdam, visiting EYE for a movie...)
- Bring photographers and filmmakers closer to eachother (Timelapse photography results in a timelapsevideo for example)
- New media like 360 photography and video for VR headsets like Gear VR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
- Soon......maybe your idea(s)?? Let us know!
Soooo......if you have idea's not mentioned above, please comment in the forum part of this Meetup Group.
Let's make it happen as Dutch community! Meetups will be mainly organized in Amsterdam or Rotterdam so everyone can attend fairly easy. A more centralized city like Utrecht is also a possibility of course!
John & Joris