O que fazemos
This is a group for anyone interested in learning and share information about the DevOps culture, practices, and tools. If you aim to learn about the practices of designing and operating distributed computing systems, this is a group for you. It means, this is a group for passionate professionals, managers, and engineers with development and operations skills.
In general, we will try to cover different topics about DevOps, including automation, orchestration, virtualisation, containers, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment, as well as service discovery and cloud computing.
• Give a talk (http://www.meetup.com/DevOpsBrasilia/about)
If you are interested in presenting a talk, take a look at a list of topics, if you are looking for inspiration; or if you do have an idea for one you would like to see offered please contact the organizers. (http://www.meetup.com/DevOpsBrasilia/suggestion/)
• Read the code of conduct (http://www.meetup.com/DevOpsBrasilia/pages/Code_of_Conduct/)
We want everyone in the community to have a good time, and these are some simple guidelines to make this happen.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a set of practices to reduce the time between committing a change too a system and the change being placed into production, while ensuring high quality. Quality means suitability for use by developers, system administrators, and end-users. This quality relies on various automated test cases that must be passed prior placing the changed code into production. Likewise, the changes may also be available to a limited set of users, before be opened it up to all the users.
DevOps is about Culture, Automation, Measurement, and Sharing (CAMS) (https://www.chef.io/blog/2010/07/16/what-devops-means-to-me/):
• Culture: people over technology. If you don't have a culture, all automation attempts will be fruitless.
• Automation: this is one of the places you start once you understand your culture, by stitching together an automation fabric that reflects your shared culture and understanding.
• Measurement: If you ca not measure, you ca not improve. Teams doing DevOps successfully will measure everything as often as they can ... performance metrics, process metrics, and even people metrics.
• Sharing: sharing is the feedback in the CAMS cycle. Creating a culture where people can share ideas and problems is critical.
DevOps culture (Source: http://martinfowler.com/bliki/DevOpsCulture (http://martinfowler.com/bliki/DevOpsCulture.html))