This is a hands-on meetup for all data enthusiasts around Lisbon who want to improve and share their knowledge in Data Science. To achieve this let’s solve Kaggle challenges!
• Who are we: We are a group of people who are passionate about Data Science and Machine Learning and participate in Kaggle challenges to enhance our skills in these fields.
• What is Kaggle: Kaggle is a platform that provides data science challenges taken from real-life use cases: https://www.kaggle.com/ . It’s a great opportunity not only to put data science in practice but also to learn from a huge community of people working on the same problems.
• Purpose of the meetup: The goal of this non-profit meetup is to bring the data science community together into a study-room where we can work in groups, do some brainstorming and share each one’s achievements.
Note: Lisbon Kaggle Meetup is not officially connected to Kaggle
Greetings fellow data buffs!
We are very excited to announce yet another edition of the Lisbon Kaggle Meetup, which will take place on Saturday the 28th of September 2019.
This time we will be hosted by Feedzai, so of course, we will spend the afternoon working on the current IEEE-CIS Fraud Detection Kaggle competition!
In this competition, you’ll benchmark machine learning models on a challenging large-scale dataset. The data comes from Vesta's real-world e-commerce transactions and contains a wide range of features from device type to product features. You also have the opportunity to create new features to improve your results.
Challenges you will face in this dataset:
-- It is big, expect long runtimes and kernel crashes!
-- It is unbalanced.
-- The features don’t always have a speaking column name.
-- It is tabular data, a mix of time, numerical and categorical features.
-- The data set actually consists of two data sets- identity data and transaction data, but not all transactions have corresponding identity information!
It will be a nice playground to run through the whole data science pipeline, from EDA to the tuning of a model.
Moreover, top Kaggler Konstantin Yakovlev who is currently in the money for this competition will talk with us about his journey to the top of the leaderboard.
YOU NEED FOR THE MEETUP
You will definitely need
(1) to bring your own laptop
(2) to sign-up to Kaggle https://www.kaggle.com/account/login
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
(1) joining the group's slack channel: https://goo.gl/R6dpng
(2) installing Anaconda https://conda.io/docs/user-guide/install/index.html
Note that, although we recommend beginners to install Anaconda and work with Python, you are free to use whichever tool you prefer.
We look forward to seeing you there!