🖖 Welcome to the Open NLP Group!
It’s about open source projects on natural language processing.
It’s open to people with all kinds of backgrounds: students, industry, …
It’s open access: watch the livestream from everywhere, join us on-site if the situation permits or check out the recording made available after the event.
And last but not least, the Open NLP Group is more than high-quality talks from industry and research perspectives. It’s also the place to discuss with NLP enthusiasts, connect with peers, get ideas on how to integrate NLP techniques into your applications, …
📣 Past Speakers
- Samuel Shapley (Data Analyst @Teya)
- Tuana Çelik (Developer Advocate @ deepset)
- Sebastian Ruder (Senior Research Scientist @ Google)
- Karel Haerens (Machine Learning Engineer @ ML6)
- Merve Noyan (Developer Advocacy Engineer @ Hugging Face)
- Kacper Łukawski (Developer Advocate @ Qdrant)
- Marty Oelschläger (Machine Learning Scientist @ dida)
- Sara Zanzottera (NLP engineer @ deepset)
- Nils Reimers (Director of Machine Learning @ cohere.ai)
- Matthias Richter (Machine Learning Engineer @ ML6)
- Max Callaghan (Postdoc @ Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change)
- Vladimir Blagojevic (Long-time open-source contributor and recently joined Senior Software Engineer @ deepset)
- Betty van Aken (PhD Student @ BHT)
- Michel Bartels (NLP Engineering Intern @ deepset)
- Sophia Althammer (PhD student @ TU Vienna)
- Max Irwin (Managing Consultant @ OpenSource Connections)
- Dmitry Kan (Principal AI Scientist @ Silo AI)
- Vincent Warmerdam (Research Advocate @ Rasa)
- Stefan Decker (Freelance Data Scientist)
- Nandan Thakur (PhD Candidate @ University of Waterloo)
- Branden Chan (Machine Learning Engineer @ deepset)
Bevorstehende Events (1)Alles ansehen
- Notion Meets RAG: A Search Pipeline & RLHF via DPO & GenAI with Vector SearchLink für Teilnehmer sichtbar
On October 4th, we will have another hybrid event, this time co-hosted by AICamp and deepset with three presentations on "Notion Meets RAG: A Search Pipeline", "RLHF via Direct Policy Optimization" and "Enter the Brave New World of GenAI with Vector Search" by Bogdan Kostić, Kashif Rasul and Mary Grygleski! 🎉
The event takes place in Berlin and there will be a live stream via Zoom starting at 7pm. On this page here you can register to participate online via Zoom. The registration for the on-site event is organized via our Berlin NLP sister group on a different page: https://www.meetup.com/berlinnlp/events/296271016/
🎤 Notion Meets RAG: A Search Pipeline
by Bogdan Kostić
In this talk, Bogdan will demonstrate how to integrate Notion into Haystack. You will learn how to extract pages from Notion and index them into your Document Store. This will allow you to use your Notion content as a source of information for generative retrieval-augmented search pipelines. Additionally, Bogdan will guide you on deploying your Notion search pipeline in a Streamlit application using Haystack’s built-in REST API.
🎤 RLHF via Direct Policy Optimization
by Kashif Rasul
In this talk, Kashif will go over the Direct Policy Optimization approach of Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF) which is a new method from Stanford researchers to learn to steer LLMs from human preference data without the need to learn an explicit reward model. He will go over the approach and show how to use it on your own data via the implementation in Hugging Face’s TRL library.
🎤 Enter the Brave New World of GenAI with Vector Search
by Mary Grygleski
We will go over the history and evolution of AI and ML, then look at how it has evolved to where it is today. We will touch upon as many new concepts that have popped up in the last 6-9 months, which include: Generative AI (GenAI), ChatGPT, Large Language Models (LLMs), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Vector DB, and the growing importance of Vector Search. We will also point out the new operational concerns when it comes to managing the life-cycle of a machine learning environment. We will then look at a demo on how Vector Search is being done behind the scenes. We will discuss the benefits of this new wave of technology as well as the challenges that it brings to the industry and the marketplace.
As always, we will have small breakout room sessions in Zoom after the talks to connect and discuss. If you would like to join us, make sure to RSVP. Looking forward to meeting you online!