I started this group because there appears to be no other Sydney groups focusing on analyzing Big Data*. This group is for people looking to share experience and or learn new methods for analyzing the data. It is also for people who have Big Data that they need help with. I have extensive Big Data experience from my time at eBay and will gladly help others in any way that I can. * Big Data is a term for datasets which can no longer fit in a database. Typically this happens at around the 1 terabyte mark. In addition, the data is usually unstructured (e.g. user click stream) which is even more difficult to analyze.
Must Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/data-showdown-2019-tickets-56393984927
* Dr. Eugene Dubossarsky, Director, Principal Trainer, Presciient
* Mitra Heravizadeh, Head of Strategy & Architecture, AMP
* Kieran Clulow, Data Engineering Director, IAG
* 7 Teams of 2-3 people, presenting their data solution to an audience of 800 people.
* 7 min per presentation + questions
* Panel of judges, scoring each presentation
* At the end of the evening Australia's best data team announced!
Do you want to share your data solution at the event?
Any teams looking to present a data solution at the event please email [masked] with your presentation and solution summary, along with the benefit it will provide to the audience, by the 19th of April 2019. If you'd like to discuss in further detail you can also call Gerhard on[masked].
Rules for Presentation / Judging Criteria
* No Vendor Pitches
* Present a Data Solution which your team have worked on, stating its use case or the business problem it solves.
* Potential topic areas: Big Data, data integration, analytics, ML, AI
* Contestants will be judged on the value that their contribution delivers. It is therefore important that they spell out the relevant KPIs, and compare with benchmarks where appropriate.
* Contestants will be judged on KPI performance, but also on the appropriateness of the KPI, and the context of measurement (such as benchmarks).
* Where sophisticated technology such as AI / Machine Learning are used, contestants are encouraged to explain the need for the sophistication, and the advantage over simpler techniques.
* Contestants will be judged on APPROPRIATE sophistication.
* Finally, contestants will be judged on how engaging they are in their presentation style.
Call for sponsors
* If you'd like to sponsor the Data Showdown please reach out to [masked] or call Stephen on[masked]
* ROI: Full list of registrations for marketing purposes, Banners on Stage, 1 minute stage time to pitch to the audience, logo digital banner and event pages.
This is a sponsor funded event your registration details will be shared with sponsors for marketing purposes.
Also please read our code of conduct: https://meetupmadness.io/code-of-conduct/