What we’re about
You don't have to be vegan to join us. If you want to discover various plant-based foods in and around Melbourne in a relaxed and lively environment then we're it!!! Get together rain or shine! ☀️ 🌱
Basic courtesy & respect:
- Papa don't preach! This group is about including everyone and discovering plant food. If you want to learn how to improve your plant-based journey you can initiate and drive that conversation but we do not volunteer information on how one should live. This goes both ways. 🤐
- Bills, bills, bills, bills! Due to some people who dine and dash and then don't own up to it, the payment falls on me and I don't receive payment in return. All future events will require pre-payment.
- No scrubs. When attending a vegan meet-up please only order vegan food. (can't believe I have to say this)
- Love me Tinder. Nope! Please allow me to show you the door. The safety and comfort of group members at meet-up events is my priority. Most people attend events to socialise and are not looking for dates. Members who treat events as a pick up joint make other group members uncomfortable and discourage them from coming to future events.
- Flaky-breaky heart. WE DON'T LIKE FLAKES.
Please attend if you have RSVP'd.
Please DO NOT attend if you haven't RSVP'd.
It's basic courtesy. It takes time and effort to organise events, so please keep your host updated and don't flake. Restaurant reservations are made based on the number of people attending. It's also creepy to show up without prior notice.
- Take a bow. Incessant disregard for these guidelines and anti-social behaviour will have you sent to the hall of no fame.
- Based on the song puns you can tell how old I am :P
🔔Get event reminders and updates on WhatsApp (This is not a conversation thread. It is a one-way event notification system)
Thoughts/feedback welcome. You can also find us on a popular social media platform
Why can't I waitlist for a popular event?
When there is an event fee the waitlist option is unavailable. As and alternative you are welcome to join the one-way WhatsApp group where I post event updates and reminders.
Why is there an event fee?
I pay subscription fees to Meet-up so that I can keep this group open and organise events. As an organiser it takes a lot of time and effort to organise and coordinate events. In addition to this I need to attend all events and pay for my own meals. The event fees help me partially cover these expenses so that I can continue bringing you wonderful people together and discovering more plant food.
Can I get a refund if I don't attend?
Update: No, sorry. I spend a lot of time and effort in organising events, co-ordinating with the restaurant, constantly updating the reservation as the attendance goes up and down, promoting the event and keeping you informed of any changes, accomodating last minute requests and last minute dropouts, special dietary requests etc.. It's a lot. Besides this I pay Meet-up subscription fees to run the group and I pay for all my dinners. As the host I have to attend every event.
I understand if you disagree with the refund policy - in that case, please only RSVP if you are definitely going to attend.
I thank you all for your support and understanding.
What if I don't have Paypal? Can I pay you at the event?
You can use PayPal as a guest user. You do not need a PayPal account.
You can also pay via PayID from your banking app.
I prefer that members pay the event fee in advance of the event. As the organiser I have multiple items on my checklist to run an event and I don't particularly appreciate having to chase someone for $3 in addition to my To-do list. Your understanding in this matter is appreciated.
I visited/heard about this amazing new restaurant/event. Can you organise a group event there?
For sure! Just send me the deets! Or comment on the discussions page, I already have a thread going just for this. I would love to know what members are interested in!
I look forward to sharing a meal with you real soon :-)