Interested in DevOps? Confused about all the concept and tools out there? Our meetup group aims to provide some technical hands on with some of the emerging and popular DevOps tools. Our aim is to provide a platform to share and collaborate knowledge amongst all our members.
The Groups Objectives are:
* To provide a community with practical hands on examples using some of the latest DevOps tools
* To meet like minded techies and share each others experiences
* To collaborate in an environment where we bring our ideas to life and learn how these technologies work
The DevOps Playground is excited to announce our upcoming London Playground will be co-hosted with our partner Sonatype. Join us as we get hands-on with DevSecOps: Security at DevOps Speed.
In this hands-on workshop, attendees will learn how Sonatype can provide a Jenkins pipeline to automatically scan and detect, understand and remediate known vulnerable open source components. Attendees will be given a chance to execute an attack against the same CVE that affected Equifax and using Sonatype's Intelligence to understand and remediate the vulnerable libraries and verify that the attack no longer works.
Understand the Risk that the use of OS components brings
Learn how to easily identify OS threats
Learn how to remediate identified OS threats
Understand how to prioritise what gets fixed and when
Pre requisite for this Playground (must have these installed prior to event):
• Ideally Docker client
• Sonatype IDE plugin (eclipse/intellij)
• Python (can be replaced by Jython)
• A Github Account
A few things to keep in mind:
• As this is a hands-on session, please remember to bring your laptop
• Remember to download all the required technology in order to participate
• Food and drinks will be provided.
• Doors open for networking/beers 18:30
• Playground starts at 19:00
Regards, DevOps Playground Team