100 Dollar Hamburger Fliers Message Board General Discussion › Airport Fly-in list for all Members

Airport Fly-in list for all Members

Michael
user 53476062
San Francisco, CA
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick and exciting note to share with you about spreadsheets...!

But seriously, after last week's planning meeting we decided to put together a list of potential fly-in airports in California.  We have compiled a rough draft into a Google doc that everyone in the group now has access to and can edit.  Just follow the link below:

https://docs.google.c...­

Feel free to add information on your home airport or any airport where you might want to organize a fly-in!

*Just try to keep to the format so the list is organizable by distance/accommodation/ etc.*

Thanks,

Mike
Derek
user 46544962
Fairfax, CA
Post #: 1
Awesome idea. Thanks for taking charge! I added a couple edits to the list. Question: Anyone else able to do any weekday fly-outs ever? Sometimes weekdays work better for me, especially when considering the WX. Sometimes, I get a bee up my tailpipe to go flying last minute, and many times it's a weekday. Yesterday, due to the incredible sunshine and calm air, I did a circuit of airports in the North Bay I felt like exploring: Petaluma--Lampson--Healdsburg--Boonville­ (lunch)--Little River--south to the GG Bridge--Petaluma. What an amazing afternoon to fly and take in all the beauty. Would have been fun to share it, but flying solo is good too. I'm working on XC time before beginning my IFR training in 2013. I love flying all over NorCal (or farther) for a bite or an over-night. Usually bring a bike so I can explore....

Derek
Piper Dakota
O69 and MMH