20s and 30s in COMO! Message Board › Support?

Support?

Sarah W.
user 9602019
Columbia, MO
To all -

As many of you have probably noticed, I haven't been around the group for quite some time. With roller derby, 2 jobs, family duties, and 2 new puppies, my free time is extremely limited. I created this group and have been running it for 3 1/2 years, but feel that I need to step down for a bit (at least until my schedule calms down). It's not fair to you to have an absentee organizer, especially when I'm unable to create new and fun things for the group.

Is there anyone out there in Meetup-land who would be willing to take over my spot as group organizer? The website is easy to get around, and adding events is super easy too. There are always ideas floating around among members, so why don't we capitalize on those! It takes very little time, and you'd be helping make the experience better for the entire group. I'd be happy to stay on as an assistant organizer to help out and host what I can.

Unfortunately, some of you may not know that being the group administrator means more than just maintaining the calendar and creating events. I've also been paying the $19 monthly fee for the group for the past 3 1/2 years. I hate to ask one of you to take that on, but the group cannot be active without that fee being paid.

Please give this some thought, and consider stepping up to help out the group. I'd hate to see the whole group suffer (or disappear entirely) just because I can't be available to coordinate events anymore. Feel free to email me with questions or ideas.

Thanks,

Sarah
A former member
Post #: 2
If I lived in COMO and not Jefferson City I would strongly consider stepping up. But Since thats not the case I am in a better position to help contribute than be a lead contributer. With all thats going on in your life Sarah I totally understand the need for steping away (or at least stepping back) from things here.

Now that I think about it also I have YET to make a meetup with this group so it probably wouldn't be appropriate for me to be a lead organizer anyways. I hope someone (or a group of people) step up to the plate to contribute in handling the group from the front. This group has a lot to offer people looking to meet new people. I can't wait to be more involved in get togethers.

Kara M.
user 31240342
Columbia, MO
I'm happy to help out as much as I can.
Also, Josie and I discussed the idea of hosting a Meetup party/fundraiser which can serve two purposes:
1. Excuse to hang out and have fun!
2. Pass around a hat and gather enough funds that we can keep this thing going for another year.
Would there be interest in this?

Some of my favorite people in Columbia are folks I met through Meetup, so I'm certainly willing to help pay this forward.

Cheers!
Kara
A former member
I already pay meetup.com so I would be more than happy to take over
the dues as it wouldn't cost me anything.

Jon.
Greg
user 3174342
Columbia, MO
Post #: 14
I love the idea of a meetup party/fundraiser, and I certainly would be willing to contribute and to help out in organizing meetups. If Jon can take on the meetup at no additional cost, that it is even better (although we could still have a party to celebrate).

I would like to say a great big THANK YOU to Sarah for all she has done for the group over the past 3 1/2 years. I have met several of my dearest friends through meetup and have really enjoyed the opportunity to socialize and enjoy events like the annual Corn Maze outing, plays and concerts, roller derby events, and the wonderful parties that Sarah has kindly hosted at her house. I hope we can keep the group going.