Over getting wasted at parties every weekend?
Not quite resigned yourself to a life of
crocheting toilet paper covers and talking to your plants?
Then come be social and fun with us!
We're a group of mostly single, mostly child-free women in our 30s (but we welcome everyone), living around Howard County, Baltimore City/County, Montgomery County, and Anne Arundel County.
Past Meetups Have Included:
Food Truck Festivals
Winery/Brewery Tours and Tastings
Local Art and Music Festivals
Day trips to beaches, gardens, and parks
..... really anything that is fun awesome girlfriend type stuff! :)
(please read before joining!)
1) If plans change, and you cannot make an event you RSVP'd ''Yes" to, please be considerate of the people attending, on the wait list, and/or hosting the event, and update your RSVP to "No" at least 24 hours prior to the event.
(This is the only time to RSVP as a "No" - if you are *changing* your RSVP. Please do not RSVP "No" in advance to every event listed on the entire calendar you already know you can't attend.)
2) If you do not show up to an event without giving 24 hours notice, you will be counted as a "No Show."
3) People who "No Show" 3 times, will be put on restriction and will not be able to RSVP or attend events for 3 months. The Event Organizers definitely understand that situations can come up at the last minute that you can't always control, which is why we give you 3.
4) "No shows" will eventually be removed from members account, based on your attendance at other events.
5) To cover the cost the organizers pay Meetup.com to run the group, we ask for members to contribute $2.50 in yearly dues. Please pay your dues within 3 weeks of joining (and then by Oct 1 each year after), or you will be removed from group events (especially those where paid members are on the wait list) until you pay. The link to pay is on the left side of the page.
Note: You might also be able to arrange to buy me a beer at one of our events in exchange for dues. Just arrange this in advanced so you aren't removed from an event and so I don't have 5 people offering me a beer at one event. ;)
6) A clear picture of your face is required to join the group, so we can recognize you at events.
These policies have been put into place to encourage respectfulness and active participation in the group.
Thank you for your attention to these policies! :)
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, August 29, 2015 10:00 AM
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers