Cycling Exploration of Staten Island - Recreational / Exercise Ride
Route plan - http://goo.gl/maps/oIoVc - Approx 40 miles
Meet at the South Ferry terminal, Manhattan side @ 11am
If you're like me.. Staten Island is mostly a mystery to you. You've probably ridden the ferry there and back again, and that's it. Or finished the annual 5Boro ride on SI, and rode to the ferry.
Things to bring:
- Spare tubes, patch kit & mini tools to change a flat
- Cash, credit card, metro card, ID
- Positive Attitude
SI Ferry Bicyclist Rules of Conduct:
- Bicycles are permitted but must be stored in the designated bicycle storage areas.
- Bicyclists must board on the lower level at both the St. George and Whitehall Ferry Terminals.
- Bicyclists are subject to all Passenger Rules of Conduct.
- Bicyclists must dismount and walk their bicycles to the waiting area and when boarding and departing the boat.
- Bicyclists must stay clear of pedestrians.
- All bicyclists are subject to screening upon arrival at the ferry terminals.
- Bicycles may not be left in racks on vessels for more than 30 minutes (one trip). Bicycles left on the vessel after each trip will be removed.
- Bicycles left in outdoor racks for more than 24 hours will be removed.
- DOT is not responsible for stolen or damaged bicycles.