German park is the last Saturday of June, July and August. It's fabulous and under appreciated Ann Arbor summer tradition. Join A2YDIY out for a nice afternoon of food, beverages, music, dancing, gaming, and maybe a few DIY projects as well. :D More details to come as we get closer to the event.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW...
* Entry Fee For Park Is $5/person (12 and under free).
* NO ONE UNDER 21 IS ADMITTED WITHOUT PARENT OR GUARDIAN
** Under 21? Get there early and keep me (Sarah) company in line and I'll "adopt" you for the day. :P
* Don't forget your ID at home! Photo ID is required to get into the park without it.
* Bring about at least $30 in cash. Besides the $5 entry fee, you'll need to buy tickets for food and beverages.
* Gates open at 4 PM, but if you want the better parking or first choice in tables, you'll need to arrive early. People start standing in line for prime German Park real estate as early as 2 PM. Organizers will be there early to grab a table or two (or as many as needed to appropriately cover the # of folks that RSVP), and you're welcome to come stand in line with us. Just know if you get there close to 4PM or after, you'll have to stand in line to get in. It's OK to join our group prior to the gate opening though (lots of people do this).
* No pets allowed, sorry Benji.
* The park is open till 11PM but admittance to the park closes at 9PM.
* The park is pretty family friendly till about 7 or 8 PM. When it starts to get dark, as the evening goes on, and more beverages are consumed, the atmosphere goes from family friendly to rowdy pretty fast.
German Park (Recreation Club)
Address: 5549 Pontiac Trail, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105
Need Directions? Click this link... http://goo.gl/maps/tsgdg