Aquatic Adventures Ohio Scuba Club Message Board Diving Opportunites › Eco Dive Trip in Malaysia and Help Turtles too

Eco Dive Trip in Malaysia and Help Turtles too

Patrick E.
DiveBuddy
Group Organizer
Hilliard, OH
Post #: 15
To All:

Here is an email that I recieved that might be on interest to other club members.

Thanks!
Patrick

Subject: Eco dive trip in Malaysia and help turtles at the same time
Date: Sun, January 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi

I would like to wish yourself and your members a happy new year.

I would like to share with you and your club members the chance for you to dive in Malaysia and help with turtle conservation and building an artificial reef. I have attached our flier which I would be most grateful if you could give to your members by email or print some copies to display and hand out.

The cost of the 2 week trip is GBP1050 with food, accommodation and 10 leisure dives plus 3 environmental dives including coral transplanting and reef building (the reef building is only guaranteed when a group of 4 or more book together) while helping to manage a turtle nesting beach at night. Having the privilege to watch and guard turtles nesting at night and helping to conserve corals by day will make this trip one not to be forgotten.

However the major problem for diving in Malaysia for dive groups based in Europe is the cost of the flights, from March 2009 Air Asia are flying from the UK to Malaysia and are offering much reduced prices of GBP171 one-way on Tuesdays (from UK) and Thursdays (from Malaysia) - the other days are GBP221.

These flights will help you to save alot of money and may make it possible for you and your members to be able to contribute to coral reef and turtle conservation while enjoying fantastic diving.

Try somewhere new while putting meaning to your diving - dive with the Great Marine Project!

To find out more information please visit our website - www.greatmarineproject.com­

Why not join our facebook group named "the great marine project" to keep up to date with what we are doing and search for our discount vouchers.

If you as a club or any of your members are interested please email me on turtle@w-o-x.com or ring (+44) 0845 371 3070.

I look forward to your response and showing your members the delights of the underwater world around the Perhentian islands and help them to build their own artificial reef soon in Malaysia

Warm regards,
Daniel Quilter