addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › This Wednesday: ATXDM 2011 Planning Meeting

This Wednesday: ATXDM 2011 Planning Meeting

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hello everyone, welcome to 2011. Just a reminder that Wednesday night is our first meeting of the year, we'll be gathering in the Howson Library meeting room to hold our annual planning meeting for the group. I need everyone's help who can come and contribute, because I want to move forward on a couple of ideas I've had for expanding the group's scope, by adding two "subgroup" meetings each month. These will each have a very specific focus to cover areas we haven't been covering up to now.

The first "subgroup" would be called ATXDM Motion, and it will be focused on the film, video, animation, 3D and motion graphics artists who are in our group (including myself). Lately we've been having more people with that interest attending our meetings, and I think it's been a long time coming to expand our reach to that field.

The second "subgroup" would be called DIY Web, obviously focusing on what it takes to bring all kinds of sites to life on the web when it's a one- (maybe two-) man job. There are plenty of groups in Austin that are oriented towards traditional development, especially the coders who build huge websites with databases and all that. These meetings are going to help people who are building websites all on their own- graphics, code, hosting, and everything. We'll probably get in to CMSes like Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress a little, but we're not talking about high-powered programming like PHP, ASP and Rails. We'll stick to CSS and HTML.

I am hoping that there are at least a couple of you guys, one for each subgroup, who would want to help out and be assistant organizers for these subgroup meetings. When they start in February, I'll be coming to each meeting to help them get off the ground, but running a meeting every week for the foreseeable future will be too much for me to handle on my own.

So if you're at all able, please come out to Howson Library this Wednesday at 6:30, to contribute ideas, support or anything else you can. We've got a great shot at making 2011 a big year for our group.

Thanks!

January Meetup #1- 2011 Planning Meeting
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:30 PM
Howson Branch Library
2500 Exposition Blvd
Austin, TX 78703
(512) 472-3584

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­