Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › UPDATE: Weather may stop tomorrow's Print/Publishing Panel

UPDATE: Weather may stop tomorrow's Print/Publishing Panel

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
­February Print & Publishing Panel
Wednesday February 9th, 6:30pm

Howson Branch Library
2500 Exposition Blvd Austin, TX

Folks, the weather for tomorrow is looking really dodgy right now, actually even more so than last week. They're talking about the possiblity of some frozen roads in the evening. I'm not going to cancel this one just yet, but we'll have to make it a game-time decision. I'll send out another notice tomorrow at 4:30 or 5pm to say definitely if we're on or not.

The weather has required me to push back our planned program for tomorrow to a later date, so instead I'll be ready to do a little demonstration involving some faux-3D techniques, some lighting techniques, and maybe some pen tool/tablet work in Photoshop. Just a hodge-podge of stuff I've gotten from some online tutorials, which I will share of course.

So as it stands right now, we will still meet tomorrow at Howson Library at 6:30pm, but there's a real good chance the weather will require me to cancel. Check this site and your email around 5pm for the final decision. I look forward to seeing you all, but either way, make sure you stay safe yourself.

Thank you, that is all.
Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 57
Well, I see no reason to cancel the meetup outright, it may be windy and cold but there's no precip and nothing frozen on the ground. I haven't had much response to this meetup, so maybe the weather scared everyone off, or maybe this particular Wednesday is bad for everyone. But I'll still be there and we'll still give some of these demos a run-through.

Hope to see some of you there!