Hey there- don't let the rainy weather and the fact that Summer is now officially over get you down. :)
Here is something to smile about. I hope it is Ok that I share information of this workshop here- if you are interested- I posted some information below and a link to where you can get complete details. If you are not interested, please delete and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. If you want to incorporate a fun activity into your weekly schedule, to meet new interesting people, and to learn at your level in a friendly environment- then you will enjoy this class. Check out the details. Oh yea, IT STARTS TOMORROW! I;m sorry for the late notice- but if you hurry up you can still register. Enjoy!
*Singing for Non-Singers*
-An ideal introduction to singing and voice in a friendly class environment.
(Absolute beginners welcome.)
Why take this class?
- Do something fun and creative for yourself
- Learn a new music skill or review what you have learned long ago
- Meet people, socialize and network with people who have similar interests and love for music
- Increase awareness of breathing, posture and clarity of diction
- Find a new expression through music - while building confidence and having fun
What will you be doing?
- Introductory level breathing exercises and vocal warm-ups
- Posture and relaxation exercises
- Introduction to musical expressions - melody, pitch, rhythm/tempo, basic music theory, and musical interpretation
- Singing - explore songs in different styles as a class and in smaller groups
* Vocal exercises and songs will have live piano/keyboard accompaniment
*Students who complete this class are invited to join the follow-up singing class titled "Singing Solos and Duets (for Beginners)" course.
Starts Wednesday September 7th. Class meets for 6 weeks (once a week) on Wednesdays 7-9pm in Midtown,
Cost of the course is $325. Space is limited to 10 participants. Instructor is an expert at teaching adult beginners and a professional singer/performer himself.
"If you can Speak, you can Sing!"