add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
A former member
Post #: 97
Hey Everyone,
If you have been shopping lately, then you know some food items are going up in price;
Namely Chocolate! Yikes!

If you did not have a chance to watch Wendy Dewitt’s Video, I would highly encourage you to do so.­
I would also encourage you to send her an email and request her free booklet
“Everything under the sun”.

Now would be a really good time to go buy some of those nice wide mouth mason jars.
I’m currently (as of 5/30) finding them at Fry’s Grocery: Case of 12 pint jars (with lids/ring) $9.29, and
The Quart jars are $10.99 a case. This is about $1.50 to $2.50 off their normal price.
If someone finds a better price.. please share that with the group!

In Wendy’s awesome booklet, she covers a little section on jarring items from your pantry..
Things like nuts, shredded coconut, cake mixes, seasoning mixes, dry mixes, candies,
Choco chips..etc.

Your jarred items should last you 2-3 years. Of course you must keep them free from
exposure to heat and light. I use a mylar bag inside my jars, for a little added protection.
Always be sure to check your jarred goods to insure the vacuum seal is still intact.

You will need a Food Saver with the Jar port on it, the small vacuum line attachment and the
Jason jar lid.. either wide mouth of regular mouth.

I recommend investing in both! For about $20.00.. it’s the deal of the century.

Start looking for sales on those items you can jar up.
Safeway currently (6/2) has a sale on Pilsbury Cake mixes - .99 cents each.
Fry’s had a bunch of McCormicks seasons on sale for .59 cents each
Last week, Safeway had chocolate chips on sale $2.50 bag, they’re now up to $3.50 a bag!

I’m an avid Global Sun Oven user, and can tell you how incredibly easy it is to make
A delicious cake, cobbler, bread and much more!

And if there is no electricity will want to be able to have some comfort foods!
I’m gonna get my chocolate fix!