addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Ace Monster Toys Message Board › Prepping for CNC Router training

Prepping for CNC Router training

Anup M.
user 57248242
Emeryville, CA
Hi gang.  We're a bit oversubscribed for tomorrow's workshop.  I left RSVP's open a little longer because we've had a few no shows recently.

Please bring safety goggles and earplugs.  There are a few in the shop but yours are likely more comfortable.

Because so many ppl are attending, we will be very tight on time to run everyone thru changing bits and doing a cut.

If you have your own router bits or small g-code program you'd like to try, feel free to bring them and I'll work that into your hands-on time.

As a reminder, I won't be spending a huge amount of time on the CAD to CAM process steps.  We are focusing on safe operation of the machine and set up of your cuts.  You should do a quick run thru of the Mach 3 introduction available at www.machsupport.com.­  There is a good overview PDF and a series of tutorial videos.  Please review one or both.

Finally, if you are not current on membership dues please get that resolved BEFORE the workshop.  You must also have signed liability release and emergency contact forms on file.  I will make sure there are fresh blanks available.  Sessions like this are one of your membership benefits.  If you are not yet a member of the AMT hackerspace, please contact me by sending me an email and I'm happy to discuss this workshop and membership.